I need a boost :(

Options
Yesterday I posted a topic that caused and uproar and I'm feeling down about it.....It was something out of sheer concern for others and I got attacked for it...I got called many terrible things and accused of judging others and "snooping" into other peoples lives....that was never my intention......jut kind of feeling pretty crappy and needing a boost of confidence....really wanting to sink into my couch in my pj's with a pint of Ben and Jerrys right now........

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    11 posts in and you already became infamous. That'd be a victory for me.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's just the internet. Don't stress about it. Take a little break from the forums if you need to and collect yourself, and move on. It's not worth getting so down over it. :flowerforyou:
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It was a hot button topic and this is the internet. Take a deep breath and move on.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    11 posts in and you already became infamous. That'd be a victory for me.

+1
  • erinrose07
    Options
    I honestly don't know what your post said, but regardless, I can tell you are a kind and sweet person because you feel regretful about something you feel may have come across as hurtful. We all have moments where we misspeak and portray ourselves in a bad light....sigh...I hate when I do that. Keep your head up, we still like you :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I saw that thread... but don't worry about things. People can be mean and idiotic sometimes, but you don't have to listen to them. And while I wouldn't suggest a tub of ice cream, I would have a little something, turn off the computer, that sort of thing. I'm sorry it happened. HUG!
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    The forums have been super mean and sarcastic today. Don't worry I got attacked today too. You know what I did? I bascially wished them well on everything and then I worked out and took the anger aspect that I felt and put it into that workout and when I didn't think I could give anymore I pushed harder just for them. Think of that song "I pray for you." If you don't know it heres some lyrics...

I haven't been to church since I don't remember when
    Things were going great '˜til they fell apart again
    So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do
    He said you cant go hating others who have done wrong to you.
    Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn.
    Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill
    I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the
    head like I'd like to
    I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls
    I pray you're flying high when your engine stalls
    I pray all your dreams never come true
    Just know wherever you are honey, I pray for you

I'm really glad I found my way to church
    'Cause I'm already feeling better and I thank God for his words.
    [. From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/j/jaron-&-the-long-road-to-love-lyrics/pray-for-you-lyrics.html .]
    Yeah I'm going take the high road,
    And do what the preacher told me to do,
    You keep messing up and I'll keep praying for you.

I pray your tire blows out at 110.
    I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with
    his and her tattoos.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill.
    head like I'd like to.
    Just know wherever you are, near or far, in your house or in your
    car,
    wherever you are honey, I pray for you.
    I pray for you

And if you say you pray for them itll get deleted lol
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Dont let them get you down, we all seen you only did that with concern, however some people will only change if they think they should, people dont change people, people change themselves!! And you were right about what you said anyways, the ONLY time i have seen it appropriate to consume less than 1200 was in drastic mesures for extreamly obese people! And your not bein nosey or snoopin, people have there diarys public for a reason, for others to see, if not they would have left them private...i find it cool to look at others diarys, just to compare what i eat and find maybe new things to try :)
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It's just the internet. Don't stress about it. Take a little break from the forums if you need to and collect yourself, and move on. It's not worth getting so down over it. :flowerforyou:

Great advice.

Don't take it personally, you obviously touched a nerve in some people. I'd stay away from the Message Boards for a while, just share your thoughts and views with your MFP friends (add me if you wish to). But most importantly, don't fret about it. You're here for YOU not anyone else.
  • Ken_Roper
    Ken_Roper Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are down. Remember that you cannot make everyone happy about ANYTHING. Sometimes people react because they are having a down day, themselves, and it spreads. So, my advice is to pick yourself back up, dust off, and "keep on keepin' on" toward your goals in life which include, of course, getting to your target weight and a healthy lifestyle. Keep on postin' and let the chips fall where they may!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The forums have been super mean and sarcastic today. Don't worry I got attacked today too. You know what I did? I bascially wished them well on everything and then I worked out and took the anger aspect that I felt and put it into that workout and when I didn't think I could give anymore I pushed harder just for them. Think of that song "I pray for you." If you don't know it heres some lyrics...

I haven't been to church since I don't remember when
    Things were going great '˜til they fell apart again
    So I listened to the preacher as he told me what to do
    He said you cant go hating others who have done wrong to you.
    Sometimes we get angry, but we must not condemn.
    Let the good Lord do His job and you just pray for them.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill
    head like I'd like to
    Just know wherever you are honey, I pray for you

I'm really glad I found my way to church
    'Cause I'm already feeling better and I thank God for his words.
    [. From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/j/jaron-&-the-long-road-to-love-lyrics/pray-for-you-lyrics.html .]
    Yeah I'm going take the high road,
    And do what the preacher told me to do,
    You keep messing up and I'll keep praying for you.

I pray your tire blows out at 110.
    I pray you pass out drunk with your best friend and wake up with
    his and her tattoos.

I pray your brakes go out running down a hill.
    head like I'd like to.
    Just know wherever you are, near or far, in your house or in your
    car,
    wherever you are honey, I pray for you.
    I pray for you

And if you say you pray for them itll get deleted lol

I think you're asking the wrong entity to do dirty work for you. Santa will grant just as many wishes as the Tooth Fairy. Besides, *kitten* don't suffer from as many repercussions as most hope they do. :flowerforyou:
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    I need to look at the post but I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong... yet. lol
  • vballscriscuolo
    vballscriscuolo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Santa will grant just as many wishes as the Tooth Fairy. Besides, *kitten* don't suffer from as many repercussions as most hope they do. :flowerforyou:

Haha, That's a fantastic way of looking at it, thanks for the boost everyone!!!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I read your post and largely agreed....it could have been SO much worse! I bet someone's posted something since then which will get way more flak than you did!
    Plus the evidence has been removed ;)
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options

I think you're asking the wrong entity to do dirty work for you. Santa will grant just as many wishes as the Tooth Fairy. Besides, *kitten* don't suffer from as many repercussions as most hope they do. :flowerforyou:

It was more just something for her to laugh at.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Your post was fine. I read it. You were right. I am not naming names, so I suspect that I'm ok saying this: You were attacked by people who want to justify their disordered behaviors. People like that tend to attack people simply for believing something different from what they believe. They give up so much (namely, food, enjoyment, energy, food, and looking and feeling good) to follow their path, when someone chooses differently, it calls into question EVERYTHING they are doing. As a result, they attack. And they're not smart enough to realize consiously that that's what they're doing. There were EXTREMELY ridiculous, mean people on that thread who should be feeling badly. I promise you, they are not. Largely because they lack the capacity for self-reflection. There are several others here who lack that capacity, after a while you'll get to know who. You were being very kind and concerned in your post. You have nothing to feel badly for, so please don't waste your cortizone on them.

But have the Ben and Jerry's if you really want, because life is about living, and you can totally do Ben and Jerry's within reason. Of course, unless you want to only eat 900 calories a day, but as we've established, you're not so stupid you would starve yourself. ;)
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with jetscreaminagain. You certainly weren't intending to start a riot, like a troll post might. It sounded to me like you'd noticed an alarming trend and wanted to make it known (especially to the younger girls) that there is a risk involved in dropping before 1200 calories. There is nothing defamatory or inciting about that.

All you did, dear, was start a lively discussion. Nothing more. Don't let it bother you too much :).
  • vballscriscuolo
    vballscriscuolo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone.....I'm thinking about it now and realizing I really had nothing to apologize for, but what's done is done. If people wanted to take it the way they did, then so be it. I've had many MFP members send me personal messages teling me I'm amazing because I spoke my mind where others would have shied away, so that makes me feel good. I realized I shouldnt feel bad for my opinions and I'm not going to let it bother me anymore because it's just silly!