Help with calorie count please

Options
I am having trouble figuring this out. I went to Blimpies today and had a 6 inch turkey with no cheese or sauce on whole wheat. I only ate 1/2 of the bread. Does anyone know how to apply this to my food list so that it doesn't show all of the bread?

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    you could add each ingredient individually (guesstimating really) if theres not an entry for that sandwhich with half the bread. thats really all i can think of
  • prettyinpetite
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not sure. Maybe in the serving amount, you could put .5-9 instead of 1.0, but that might not be accurate. Maybe you can go on blimpies website and calculate it, or you have to manually put everything that was on the sandwich one by one... that's what I usually do when I can't find something in the database.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I add each thing separately - so I would add how many ever slices of turkey and then look up whole wheat 6" sub bun and just put in half. It may not be 100% accurate, but it'll be close enough. :)
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    Blimpies posts nutrition info to their website: http://www.blimpie.com/assets/pdf/blimpie_nutritional_info_010311.pdf

Enter everything individually and just do 1/2 serving for the bread; May take a while if things aren't already listed individualy in MFP, but at least it will be accurate :-)
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    all i can say is this calorie counting stuff is a real pain in the a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jacsen12158
    Options
    If there is a listing for that sandwich you could enter .50 in the serving amount instead of 1. Hope this helps.
  • yeaforme
    Options
    Thank you! Someone had the wheat bread only on the list. The only reason I was fussing about it was because that bread was killing me in the carb dept! Thank you all for your advice. You're awesome!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    all i can say is this calorie counting stuff is a real pain in the a**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its not really too bad if you eat from home and prepare your own foods.
    even fast food its too hard aslong as you dont order something totally personalized. some stuff is in the data base (sandwhich with no mayo, etc) but the more different you make it, the more difficult it can be to log