Good Calorie Intake Suggestions

Options
Currently finding it hard to reach my daily calories limit without busting through the limit for fats and sat fats

My problem is that I commute to work 5 days a week, 8 mile round trip. Adding this onto the log gives me 450 calories back on top of the 1700 limit set according to my required weight loss.

I am taking soup to work for lunch with a low fat yoghurt. Evening I will have for example Jacket Potato with Coronation Chicken deli filler and handful of salad with Cherry Tomatoes.

I find myself constantly lethargic when at work and falling asleep at 6pm when at home. This could potentially be that by 9pm when I have had my meals, I am still 700-800 calories down on my limit for the day.

Can anyone suggest how I can make up this deficit. Please keep it as un-technical as possible because I switch off as soon as I hear all the complex scientific mumbo jumbo.

Replies

• amorgan714
    Options
    breakfast and snacks!
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    Yeah man no problem, i had this same issue when i first started. 2 slices of health nut bread = 240 calories and make it into a pb&j sandwich, thats 500 calories right there! also snack on peanuts throughout the day
  • antcox06
    Options
    Breakfast is something I neglect. Tryingat the moment to at least take something with me to work that I can have there. Currently having bowl of Golden Syrup flavoured Porridge 216 cals 33g Carbs 5g Fat 9g Protein.

Snacks however is something I struggle with. I aint ever been a fruit type person and Banana is as far as it goes. Nuts however I could eat forever. Was told Soya Nuts were good Calorie Source but told so many conflicting opinions that just get lost.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter, cheese, milk, nuts, avocado, steak (honestly), hummus w/ pita bread (whole wheat), eggs (any way you want...scrambled, hard boiled, over easy), whey protein powder (I prefer chocolate, but vanilla can be really good if you want to add it to stuff to boost the calorie/protein content of foods like cream cheese, pancakes, etc.)

I know you know that you really need to up your calories since you're body is probably hovering near starvation mode all the time. That doesn't bode well for losing weight or even getting thru day to day life.

Good luck!
  • antcox06
    Options
    Yeah. Whenever I diet, I always get the feeling of not being full with the temptation to go raid the cupboard for the first easy thing that I can lay my hands on.

Since using MFP and being able to see your calorie and nutrition totals go up through the day, its a struggle to get my calories anywhere close to my total and giving in to a chocolate bar sees the calories creep up but the fat to rocket through the roof.