Going to Friendlys on Sunday

Options
Ahh! My friends are having a get-together at friendlys and I'm not sure what to order. What is the healthiest thing on the menu? It is going to be so hard to resist the ice cream!

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think I'd pick a better place to go. I'd stay far from there if it's too tempting to NOT have ice cream. Just my opinion.....
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    If I went there, I would get a nice salad with lite/fat free dressing, and split an order of the cheese sticks. But that's just me :)

It's one of my favorite places! LOVE Friendlys!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have ice cream? You can have one small scoop of something. Have everything in moderation. This site might have some information if you plug it in. If not, there might be something out there for you to find out the caloric information of the food there.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Go to their website and read their nutritional information. You can make the best choices for you then. (And a Happy Ending Sundae isn't too bad calorie wise!)
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have to steer clear of there on account of the delicious ice cream.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Is there a nutritional section on their website to allow you to plan ahead as best you can? Maybe you should plan to indulge in a little ice cream, if you plan for it you can better prepare for it and save yourself the torment.

You have to enjoy your lifestyle or you won't maintain it.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have ice cream? You can have one small scoop of something. Have everything in moderation. This site might have some information if you plug it in. If not, there might be something out there for you to find out the caloric information of the food there.

This!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    They have an "Under 555" menu that you can look at online before you go. They do have fat free vanilla ice cream as well as a no sugar added one. A small scoop with some nuts on top would probably not be too bad.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    We used to go to Friendlys for dinner at least once per month. Since joining mfp 10 months ago we've only been twice. But both times I treated myself to my friendly's favs.......a big beef cheeseburger on a set up with a happy ending sundae (hunka chunka pb fudge with peanut butter topping). I logged it and got right back on track. It never set me back or caused me to have a gain at weigh in.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Just lick all your friends spoons, sharing is caring plus you'll save $$$
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If it's a somewhat special occasion or rare treat then have what you want. Do some extra exercise and don't stress about it. Regardless of the whole diet/lifestyle change/etc. you still have to live. If you overindulge a little then so be it. Get back on track the next day and it'll be fine:)
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have little kids, so we go to Friendly's quite a bit. I try to eat only half of whatever I get, and I eat my kid's carrot sticks instead of (all my) fries.

I do generally get ice cream ... if I don't get my own, I end up eating my kid's anyway, so I figure I might as well get something I like. I don't get a sundae, though. I just get a small dish of something with jimmies.

For a while, I was getting just a grilled cheese and feeling pretty good about it, but then I looked up the cal counts. The kid's grilled cheese isn't bad, but the adult grilled cheese is ridic for what it is. Whoops.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Go to their website and read their nutritional information. You can make the best choices for you then. (And a Happy Ending Sundae isn't too bad calorie wise!)

And while you browse, I'd start here: http://www.friendlys.com/media/pdf/nutrition/healthy_dining.pdf All meals on that list under 555 calories.
  • TIFnFIT
    TIFnFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to "earn" my goodies. If I know I'm going to eat some not-so-good food, I put in an extra workout to allot for the extra calories. Earn it and it will be even sweeter :) ....without the guilt!!