Lunch on the go ideas

Options
What are some quick, healthy, and satisfying lunch ideas? I will be on the go tomorrow and need to grab something to bring along for lunch. I try to keep lunch around 400 calories or so.

Replies

• lisamarie124
    Options
    Ham and cheese wrap w lowfat cheese and a flatout wrap...add some lettuce and mustard...with an apple and some baked chips....and a water....
  • sarah1211
    Options
    Safeway has the brand eating right. There is a black bean soup in the soup aisle that is only $1.00 and tastes fabulous. For 180 calories you get a delicious filling portion at 14g of fiber!! That's what makes it sooo satisfying. It comes in a cup already and you just add water. Pair it with a banana and an Apple and your still under your 400 calorie allotment :)
  • sonotphat
    Options
    I have a white bread roll (you could probably go whole grain, but i'm terrible) lightly buttered (or not, again, i'm terrible) with sliced beetroot and pickled gherkins. Sometimes I put a sliced hard boiled egg in there. That sounds quite odd, but it tasts delicious and is only around 250 cal, high protein so it keeps you full and low fat. If you buy sliced canned beetroot and a jar of gherkins it's reallllly easy to make and super quick. (just don't wear white otherwise you're guaranteed to spill beetroot on you!)
  • WenniL
    WenniL Posts: 14
    Options
    i'm on the go alot, i work in construction and don't always have access to a microwave or time to run and get anything. my lunch usually consists of healthy snack type foods. hard boiled egg, nuts, easy finger fruits (strawberries, grapes, etc.) maybe a piece of string cheese, water, maybe some pretzels or healthy(er) kind of carbs of some sort....that kind of stuff. I just make sure I get my meat intake for dinner.