Big grin!

Options
I wasn't going to tell anyone that I am losing. Maybe because of many failed dieting in the past. When I lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, I was floored but still leery. Better to keep quiet than speak too soon,, yes?

Well, I went to the mall with my friend and she said,, "Are you alright?" I said "yes, I am." She went on to say that my face look different,, more narrow it seems. I finally blurted out.. She said that I do look good, better than before,, not only that my face is more slender, but she noticed more color on my face, my hair being "alive" and so as my personality.

Who would have thought 10 little pounds stand out!
big-grin1.jpg

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know what you mean about not wanting to tell people about a diet after many failed attempts. We won't fail this time. Keep up the good work!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats great!
  • Kimberlycc
    Options
    Congratulations and keep up the good work! You can add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You have a good friend. She asked. My coworkers have been walking around my back FOR WEEKS talking about me, asking my friend, Corie, if I'm ill, do I have cancer & what's going on. It cracks me up. They'd rather think I'm deathly ill than give me a compliment & ask what I'm doing to lose the weight. Enjoy your success!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great start! I also like to keep my diet to myself. Other than my husband and my son, I don't talk about it. Last thing I need is for everyone I'm around to start watching what I eat. I can do that for myself!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I try to find people who are in my age group and have more than just a few pounds to lose. I am in this for the long run and as we age our issues with weight loss change. We can support each other.
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yeah for 10 pounds!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You have a good friend. She asked. My coworkers have been walking around my back FOR WEEKS talking about me, asking my friend, Corie, if I'm ill, do I have cancer & what's going on. It cracks me up. They'd rather think I'm deathly ill than give me a compliment & ask what I'm doing to lose the weight. Enjoy your success!

Seriously!? Why don't your coworkers just ask you....and yes I totally know what you mean about people not wanting to give compliments....people can't see anybody happy..ughhh!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Way to go keep up the good work. It is funny how jealous some people can be when you are making a positive change for you:smile: rself.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Its a lose-lose situation. If you compliment the weight loss and ask how they are doing it, and THEN find out it's an illness, people will feel terrible.
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So So SO Happy For you and I've got to say Very Proud to have you as My Friend, Always Possitive! You've worked very hard, So (Sport that Big Grin Girl!}:happy: You've Earned it! Awesome Work,....Paying out!
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Thats awesome, keep up the good work so you can always have a big grin!
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Congrats on the loss!!!
  • CassarahW
    CassarahW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Don't you love that feeling when someone notices how good you are doing. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!