Lean cuisines or Healthy Choice

Options
Anybody else feel pretty hungry about an hour after eating a lean cuisine or healthy choice?

Replies

• meredithd13
    Options
    you are way better off cooking for yourself. in the time it takes to heat one of those ready meals, you could have made a quick salad and grilled a piece of fish or steak. it has fewer calories, so you could easily finish off with some yoghut and honey for pudding or something.

or you could cut up a few vegetables and some tofu or chicken, stir fry it for a few mins and toss in some low fat noodles. more filling, fewer calories and just fresh ingredients.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I always add extra veggies or a salad w/my lean cuisines. I also might add extra chicken or a sweet potato if they need more protein/carb to it.....
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    I usually do. This is the first time I've had one in a long time. Just didn't have anything defrosted to cook tonight.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In the frozen aisle they have these green giant valley fresh steamer veggies. They are great for lunch with tuna or salmon. I normally buy tuna pouches and mix the two together. My favorite lunch ever. :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    its all the sodium, i just cut those out of my diet in hopes of lowering sodium
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    I also add a salad. I find them to be pretty filling though. Too me they just feel like a quick meal for when I have to eat alone.
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I always add extra veggies or a salad w/my lean cuisines. I also might add extra chicken or a sweet potato if they need more protein/carb to it.....

Same here. I used to eat the frozen entrees all the time to help me learn portion control. It worked really well for me. But I always added servings of veggies to it, and occasionally some extra protein.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Lean cousin is full of sodium so I would rather eat healthy :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think eating clean and fresh is the way to go most definitely!, However I believe that there are far worse things we can put into our bodies which is the reason many of us are on MFP, I have a busy schedule and I do eat WW Smart Ones and usually I heat up a bag of steamed veggies or a salad with a slice of whole wheat bread and its all done in the time it takes to cook the meal and I feel like I feel pretty full. I also think their great for people who are starting out on a long journey on weight loss who doesnt do good with food portion sizes.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    neither ! no processed foods, all clean
  • kmusson89
    Options
    I usually feel extremely full after eating them esp if it is a pasta dish. If you are still hungry and don't have time to cook try the green giant single servings. I get the corn and eat it with a grilled chicken sandwich or a lean children if its a smaller one.
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing to sugarcoat here. Neither is a good meal alternative, no matter how many healthy frills you add to it. Its processed, its fake food, and all sodium. Make time to cook real food. Your mind , body, and heart will thank you.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think eating clean and fresh is the way to go most definitely!, However I believe that there are far worse things we can put into our bodies which is the reason many of us are on MFP, I have a busy schedule and I do eat WW Smart Ones and usually I heat up a bag of steamed veggies or a salad with a slice of whole wheat bread and its all done in the time it takes to cook the meal and I feel like I feel pretty full. I also think their great for people who are starting out on a long journey on weight loss who doesnt do good with food portion sizes.

AMEN SISTER!!!!! I love them when I am short on time....add veggies with them...oh, yeah...and I drink a DIET SODA WITH THEM!!!! WHOO!!! I am going to die!!! NOT!! LOL!!!
  • jinny1313
    jinny1313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the convenience of the Lean Cuisines, but a bowl of edamame and a granola bar is better for you all around and keeps you full MUCH longer, they just aren't as quick and easy all the time :)
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I eat these sometimes (don't flame me---I'm a working, single mom, and sometimes there isn't time for anything else--I can't cook at work!). I don't usually get hungry though, because I eat 3 small meals and 3 snacks each day, so I'm eating about every 3 hours. I'm hardly ever hungry because I'm eating something before I really have the chance to get hungry. I'm finding I eat less overall and don't "pig out" when I eat at regular intervals.
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I much prefer LC! I know I know, everyone is talking about the Sodium, but I like salt and I can't stand to eat something that is bland and needs salt. That's why I hate smart ones! For me, Healthy Choice has an odd after taste to it.

I am guilty of doing the frozen meals for one. Usually, I keep them around so when my boyfriend wants to eat high cal food, I can just pop one in the microwave. They are supppper expensive. I'm honestly just too busy/lazy to cook. I think I'll make that my new goal. Make my own frozen dinners.. hmm.
  • ceallaigh1
    Options
    A Lean Cuisine is definitely not enough food for me as a meal. I always add a side of veggies, or a non-fat yogurt... I guess for me I like to eat a lean cuisines because they keep me from eating a Velveeta mac n cheese.... know what I mean mang?