Protein Shakes

Options
So, I see a lot of people are using protien shakes. I have never tried any myself, but have been interested. Anyone have any good suggestions on which ones to try? They sound very convenient and something that might be a "fast, on-the-go" option for me!

Any advice or suggestions for a good protein shake are welcome! Thanks.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is by far the best I have ever had!

Chocolate mint flavor tastes like girl scout thin mints :D
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
  • jeredmadrid
    Options
    I usually will do Muscle Milk Light, vanilla flavor with skim milk. For flavor I add a frozen banana and/or some strawberries, and blend it in a magic bullet. It's a great meal on the go.
  • mbuschow
    Options
    I love to make my own. Its very easy if you have a blender.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm also voting for Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard. I like the Double Rich Chocolate flavor. But I also have Cookies and Cream flavor (not so good), and used to have some vanilla flavor that was just okay.

The chocolate mint flavor sounds delicious...that might have to be my next purchase!
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I really, really LOVE Calnaturale Svelte. They come in 4 flavors... chai latter, french vanilla, chocolate and cappucino. They are UNBELIEVABLY delicious, incredibly filling and organic to boot. I feel like I tried so many kinds and was always let down or couldn't stick with them. These really are the perfect post workout snack for me.
    Options
    I'm also voting for Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard. I like the Double Rich Chocolate flavor. But I also have Cookies and Cream flavor (not so good), and used to have some vanilla flavor that was just okay.

The chocolate mint flavor sounds delicious...that might have to be my next purchase!

My favorite! I have tried many of ON's flavors... its by far the best :]
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

???????????????????

I'm so dissapointed.
  • cedarparkmom
    cedarparkmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I"m a big fan of Juice Plus Complete. I love the fact that I'm getting 17 different fruits and veggies in the smoothie mix. They have chocolate and vanilla flavors. You can even make protein bars with the chocolate.
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like the muscle milk 100% whey or Designer Whey

I usually just get a large container of vanilla, and then for flavor I add fruit and/or some of the sugar free flavored syrups (the kind they usually put in coffee), that way I can have a different flavor every day -- everything from "almond joy" to "smores" to "peanut butter cookie" and more.

I also add a 1/4 cup of uncooked oats and some chia seed. Keeps me full the entire morning.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    What some people don't know is that you must choose wisely when buying protein drinks. Some are for bulking you up but others are for recovering muscles after a workout and healthy fuel in between meals. I use Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate (lactose free) and that won't bulk you
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard

^That

Just my opinion on flavors
    - Cookies and Cream: Awesome!
    - Extreme Chocolate: So-so
    - Choc Mint: I'm trying this next. I might combine the mint with cookies and cream to see if I can get a girl scout cookie LOL
  • GreenTea703
    Options
    lll do one better... heres my recipe. I literally have drank this every morning for maybe a little less than 2 months now...?

Its for two shakes in my blender. So half is one shake =)

1 Scoop Chocolate Protein powder, I have used 2 from Walmart, the trick is looking for low carb/sugar and high protein, usually its the 25-26g protein, or they may advertise it as 50-52g protein, get those... not the 15g protein one, those are higher carbs/sugars and lower protein.

4 tsps Benefiber, easiest way to add fiber to the shake for me, plus its tasteless, odorless, and doesnt clump(Its 2 servings on the container, so if its a different container, just use the directions per serving

1 cup coffee, i use instant coffee but it can have an after taste

1/2 cup Silk Milk, Coconut Vanilla Flavored. It has the lowest carbs/sugars and I really like the taste, do not get Silk Almond milk, I think it tastes funny. In my opinion. I bought it on accident once.

And lastly 2 cups of ice, or like 8-10 pieces depending on ur ice.

Thats it, I blend on high smoothie or something.

Now to change the recipe. Some times I dont add the coffee, I add 1 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup of water. Its like a chocolate milkshake rather a Mocha shake.
    Options

???????????????????

I'm so dissapointed.

Okay I should state, ON for whey :D

Casein completely different story xD XF lemon cream pie takes it :D
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I;m using MRM whey...its not too bad. I like that its only 87 cal in one scoop!
  • AHolly86
    Options

Chocolate mint flavor tastes like girl scout thin mints :D

Yum! I may have to try this. I absolutely love anything Mint Chocolate! Next dumb question: Where can I buy this at?
  • AHolly86
    Options

???????????????????

I'm so dissapointed.

If that answer dissapoints you... then what is your suggestion?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

???????????????????

I'm so dissapointed.

If that answer dissapoints you... then what is your suggestion?

There can be only one.

XF Ultra Peptide - Lemon Cream Pie

The original post didn't say what type of protein so my suggestion is the XF.

You'll thank me later. ;-)
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    lll do one better... heres my recipe. I literally have drank this every morning for maybe a little less than 2 months now...?

Its for two shakes in my blender. So half is one shake =)

1 Scoop Chocolate Protein powder, I have used 2 from Walmart, the trick is looking for low carb/sugar and high protein, usually its the 25-26g protein, or they may advertise it as 50-52g protein, get those... not the 15g protein one, those are higher carbs/sugars and lower protein.

4 tsps Benefiber, easiest way to add fiber to the shake for me, plus its tasteless, odorless, and doesnt clump(Its 2 servings on the container, so if its a different container, just use the directions per serving

1 cup coffee, i use instant coffee but it can have an after taste

1/2 cup Silk Milk, Coconut Vanilla Flavored. It has the lowest carbs/sugars and I really like the taste, do not get Silk Almond milk, I think it tastes funny. In my opinion. I bought it on accident once.

And lastly 2 cups of ice, or like 8-10 pieces depending on ur ice.

Thats it, I blend on high smoothie or something.

Now to change the recipe. Some times I dont add the coffee, I add 1 cup coconut milk and 1/4 cup of water. Its like a chocolate milkshake rather a Mocha shake.

I love this shake! Seriously! Fastest breakfast ever!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Myofusion chocolate/cookies and cream/banana/vanilla

XF cinnamon roll/lemon cream pie/artic lemonade

Trutein cinnabun/choc pb cup