week 3

Options
jomane81
jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
Hi.
I just started my third week on here. After unsuccessfully trying to lose weight for my own wedding 2 years ago and my friend's wedding last fall, I have finally commited to doing this. I'm only 15-20 pounds over, and I'm a stress eater, so it's always been hard for me to really commit to it. My husband has been preaching the benefits of counting calories, and I refused to believe him that it was really necessary. For once, he was right. :tongue:
I found this site after signing up for another one through my insurance provider, When I was googling calorie calculators, this popped up--what an amazing tool! I only use mfp now, and it's helped me so much already! The hubby signed up, too, but he probabaly won't make his presence known on the boards. :bigsmile:

So, I have a better understanding of how to lose weight, a partner in working on it in my husband, and a fairly positive attitude toward it... Plus, reading some of the other topics on the message boards is really helpful. You guys really have a wonderful community on here! Thanks for the tips and ideas I've already gotten from you.

:flowerforyou: -Jo

Replies

• jomane81
    Options
    Hi.
    I just started my third week on here. After unsuccessfully trying to lose weight for my own wedding 2 years ago and my friend's wedding last fall, I have finally commited to doing this. I'm only 15-20 pounds over, and I'm a stress eater, so it's always been hard for me to really commit to it. My husband has been preaching the benefits of counting calories, and I refused to believe him that it was really necessary. For once, he was right. :tongue:
    I found this site after signing up for another one through my insurance provider, When I was googling calorie calculators, this popped up--what an amazing tool! I only use mfp now, and it's helped me so much already! The hubby signed up, too, but he probabaly won't make his presence known on the boards. :bigsmile:

So, I have a better understanding of how to lose weight, a partner in working on it in my husband, and a fairly positive attitude toward it... Plus, reading some of the other topics on the message boards is really helpful. You guys really have a wonderful community on here! Thanks for the tips and ideas I've already gotten from you.

:flowerforyou: -Jo
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you, and your hubby! Even if you don't post a lot on the messge boards, just reading some of the posts is sooo inspirational and filled with great information!

It's no fun admitting that the hubby was right about something, but at least it was something beneficial!!

:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    And you have already lost 5 lbs! Great Job!
  • trevorbyus
    trevorbyus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really good. I'm also new on this site and trying to lose my last 14 pounds. Its so hard with a boy in traveling baseball and two teenage daughters. but I want to do this for myself. And the message board seems to have really good advise.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats:flowerforyou:
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    I am a huge stress eater! Every time I get upset or anxious or flustered (insert any negative feeling here basically) I want to immediately stuff my face with unhealthy choices. It's a terrible habit and I'm working so hard to get out of it. I only have 11 lbs to lose, so I'm really hoping to get them off and maintain that healthy weight forever. Here's a mantra I read in a magazine that hits home for me, and might for you too:

"Don't let short term pleasure get in the way of your long term goal"

Good luck with your weight loss and keep us posted! :drinker:
  • jomane81
    Options
    :happy: thanks all!