Hi All, Just Another Newbie Here![:

Options
Hey! :D

My name's Roni. :smile: I'm eighteen and graduated high school last year. I am getting ready to go into college! ^^
Today, I decided there was a change needing, -desperately- needing to be made. I'm extremely overweight(Obviously not healthy) and I dislike my appearance. Disgusted by it, actually. :grumble: I'm 5'7" and weigh 218 pounds. My over all goal is to get down to 145 pounds. Honestly, I don't know if I can do it. I've never been small, even as a young child, so it seems sort of hopeless. I have tried going on a diet, working out, but it's never lasted longer than two weeks, thanks to my low self esteem. :embarassed:
Hopefully, it will be different this time! No, not hopefully, it IS going to be different![[: We're all in this together, and I would LOVE for friends to encourage and be encouraged by! :D If anyone has any pointers on how to even start, please, please, pleassee share! Should I start with cardio to get started? :o What workouts do you do that seems to work? I started only drinking water about middle of last week. ^^
Oh, and if anyone wouldn't mind, could you post some progress/success pictures? [: I would absolutely LOOOVVEE to see them!

-- Roni :bigsmile:

Replies

• mrsframer
    mrsframer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just starting is a great first step. The only real exercise I enjoy is walking or riding a bike and as long as I find time for these activities and stay on line with my calories I can lose weight.
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me! This is a great place for motivation and support, and you CAN do this!! =)

Nikki
  • trueboo
    trueboo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Roni, you can do this. It's hugely motivating seeing all the tickers under the names of so many who have lost so much weight with the help of this site. I am only on here less than a week, and I feel so much better mentally already, just to be on the right path. Add me as a friend if you would like to support each other. Good luck!