That time of the month... (for women)

Options
How do you guys stay motivated and focused when you're on your period? Between the cramps, the moodiness, the bloating, and what have you, all I want to do is eat and sleep.

Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Just keep focused and buy you some weighwatchers desserts..lol
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cones!!!
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    working out makes my cramps go away... i am really not that bloated...but on the downside... i am never hungry so i barely eat during that time.
  • misty1627
    Options
    i allways feel like chocolate
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    sounds super familiar. I love the fiber one 90 calorie chocolate peanut butter bars. They are a super dessert, and sugar free chocolate pudding is good too. I try not to weigh too much during this time period, because it fluctuates so much, but at the end of it, I always have dropped so that's a nice surprise.
    Good luck, I'm right there with you!
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I eat EVERYTHING! it's painful. I hate it but I pig out once a month. Sometimes I ask family members to hide junk food but the cravings are there.
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    Heating pad, advil, a brisk walk, aveda comforting tea (tastes like it has sugar in it but theres none!), skinny cow, filling but low cal foods. I find that filling foods help with my cramps and especially warm liquids. So try that. Maybe itll help!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I actually always lose weight during my period, coz I get very bad cramps and vomiting and stuff.

But my advice to stay motivated- dont lay in bed and cry.. It will make you focus more on the pain and stuff. Just take some ibuprofen and go for a walk, or go work out. A light jog or elliptical does the trick for me when I can hold the pain. If the pain is really bad , yoga and small home work out help.
  • Metsfn4life
    Metsfn4life Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Friday and ate an entire Papa John's large thin crust all by myself (in 2 days). Sure, I felt guilty, but then I forced my butt to the gym and did a Jillian Michael's work-out. :-)

I let myself give into temptation once a month...and that is during my period :-)

I do notice that working out helps with the cramps.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    One word...EXERCISE!
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    this month I'm having a rougher time with TTOM. But to answer your question, you just have to do it. That's what i've done this week. I was more tired but I exercised anyway even if it wasn't up to my normal pace. I still worked out a good intensity but just not the norm.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I am low on Haemoglobin so that time is bad enough for me...with giddiness, severe cramping etc. For the first two days, I just let go of everything and eat whatever I crave and get a lot of rest. Third day onwards, I am more conscious of stuff I eat and try to get some gentle workouts done.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

Do you get the urge to eat yourself when this happens?
  • xmeggiefacex
    xmeggiefacex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i honestly have a hard time with this because its even HARDER to resist the sweet stuff/ cravings for me. but it doesnt stop me from going for a walk or working out and stuff. just gotta try to think about how you could possibly lose more weight if you keep on track and exercise while on your period. thats what i heard im not sure if its true tho.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Workouts are the best! I have my best workouts during that time...I feel so sluggish to start, but then I am surprised at how strong I am! Plus, the cramps go away!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Three words: BIRTH CONTROL PILLS.

I went on them several years ago to regulate my TOM (didn't need them to prevent pregnancy because I'm infertile anyway!). Best thing I ever did. No more cramps, no more bloating. I take Loestrin 24, which is a low estrogen pill. It's just enough to straighten everything out.
  • Redheadbkb
    Redheadbkb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was on the pill for a while. They made me gain weight, and made my boobs really big which drove me absolutely insane. I had to stop. I was also on a low estrogen compound.
  • misty1627
    Options

Do you get the urge to eat yourself when this happens?

i dont feel like eating anythink but choclate but i try my hards not to eat it the first day i get bad pain but after that its fine and i must be latey i only have mine for 3 days
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Heating pad, advil, a brisk walk, aveda comforting tea (tastes like it has sugar in it but theres none!), skinny cow, filling but low cal foods. I find that filling foods help with my cramps and especially warm liquids. So try that. Maybe itll help!
    where do you get this tea from?
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I got it three days ago...wanted to take the advice of many of you guys and exercise...but went down with a very upset tummy! :( Promised to myself to try working out gently next month! But then, all I wanna do when I have the visitor is to lie down...is it just me?