what do you do?

Options
so since i kinda got bashed on my eating habits...which by the way this week and last week arent usually what i eat as an fyi. Its just alot has been going on and i know thats no excuse but yeah. Anyways, i was wondering what i should do about my major sweet tooth? like its really hard for me to stay away from sweet stuff. im fine with no eating fast food, or greasy or fried or chips and stuff. but sweet foods is where it gets me. and ive tried just having fruit but that doesnt really cut it cus its different type of sweet if that makes sense...so yeah i was just wondering if anybody had any ideas.

Replies

• loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've stopped buying it. I do keep Fiber One bars and Kashi bars on hand for snacking and occasionally enjoy a low fat ice cream dessert, like Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bars.
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Whenever I 'tell' myself I can't have sweets, that's when I crave it most!! LOL! I really enjoy dark chocolate, so I usually keep some around. I allow myself some whenever I want - not a lot, but some. That usually takes care of my cravings! My faves are hersheys dark minis mix and sees dark molasses chips!
  • Seaki
    Seaki Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth as well. There are diet ice creams (Skinny Cow/Weight Watchers) that taste really good as well as candies made by those brands.

I drink Sobe Lifewater as well, since I used to drink soda and I can't seem to get away from sweet drinks as well as I hoped.

You can also try the 100 Calorie Right Bite packs.
  • xmeggiefacex
    xmeggiefacex Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've stopped buying it. I do keep Fiber One bars and Kashi bars on hand for snacking and occasionally enjoy a low fat ice cream dessert, like Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers Ice Cream Candy Bars.

See, thats what i would do but i live with my mom and little brother and its hard not keeping that stuff around in the house cus my brother wants it and is a very picky eater. i do eat low fat granola bars as well and that does help some just sometimes its like..ohhh my god gotta have some chocolate lol and my friend lives with me who eats whatever she wants so thats also hard.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Keep it out of the house. Just stop buying it. That is what I do.
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Skinny Cow Truffle Ice Cream Bars are Ridiculously good!! They're only 100 calories, and they're pretty big, so they satisfy the sweet tooth and fill you up! Try them!!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Are you getting adequate protein? This will help you stabilize your insulin levels, sometimes if your levels rise and drop it will make you reach for something sweet to bring it up.
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but my mom won't stop buying it. If I threw food out I'd have to find a new house and a new way to pay for school. It's hard to stay motivated with four boxes of cookies staring you in the face.
  • xmeggiefacex
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth as well. There are diet ice creams (Skinny Cow/Weight Watchers) that taste really good as well as candies made by those brands.

I drink Sobe Lifewater as well, since I used to drink soda and I can't seem to get away from sweet drinks as well as I hoped.

You can also try the 100 Calorie Right Bite packs.

I think ill try the diet ice creams cus ive had skinny cow before and they werent that bad..they are pretty expensive tho but ill try it.
    And sobe lifewater is good as well..i still have a problem with drinking alot of diet soda tho but im trying to cut back on that for the most part but i like the fizziness.
    100 calorie packs dont usually work for me because they just like..make me want more of it cus its usually not enough lol but thank you for the help (:
  • xmeggiefacex
    Options
    I have the same problem, but my mom won't stop buying it. If I threw food out I'd have to find a new house and a new way to pay for school. It's hard to stay motivated with four boxes of cookies staring you in the face.

Exactly!!
  • Robinkinchen
    Robinkinchen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For me, when it comes to trigger foods that I can't control myself with I simply don't bring it into the house. If it's not there I can't over eat it. When I do want to have whatever that may be I buy the smallest portion possible and either do extra exercise to make up for it or I save calories for it. I tend to limit these indulgences. Also, make sure that you are generally getting enough of the right kind of calories that might help to lessen the cravings.
  • xmeggiefacex
    Options
    Hmm..yeah that might be my issue..i dont think i usually get enough protein, ill try getting more into my diet, thank you (:
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    parents suck!!!
  • Seaki
    Seaki Posts: 9
    Options
    Are you getting adequate protein? This will help you stabilize your insulin levels, sometimes if your levels rise and drop it will make you reach for something sweet to bring it up.

My parents do this too! The Solution I came up with is to put it up high and it'll be out of eye level. Out of sight, out of mind! :D
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Moderation is okay, but moderation is the key. I make sugar free fat free jello pudding pops. I also love rice cakes (caramel are awesome). The thing is that both of these things are yummy, but not overly indulgent so I don't want to eat 2 or 3 servings.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Get it out of your system and you won't crave it anymore. The reasons the craving hang around is cause our bodies are use to these things. I know that is a bit radical but I can tell you from experience that it works. Go cold turkey, don't blame a craving on your choice to put junk in your mouth and sooner than later that craving will go away.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    parents suck!!!

You wouldn't be here if it weren't for parents. Sure hope you never have kids.