Need help adding calories!

Options
I have been trying so hard to add calories to my diet, but I tend to get full very quickly. My diary is open, I would like suggestions on how to add calories.

Replies

• Liznia
    Liznia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on the type of diet you're on. Diary is great in calories and meats.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You seem to eat pretty well!! C'mon people in the know, help this lady out!!
  • vpsmith14
    Options
    I had the same problem in the beginning. I found that if I had several small meals each day I did better. See if that works for ya.
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    I agree with everybody...your diary looks great..and there's little processed foods...so you're on the right track. You eat several "meals" a day...which is good. I'm trying to think of what helps me to boost my calories when I need them boosted, and all I can come up with are:

-When you have that snack with peanut butter on bread, maybe you can add a fruit as well?
    -NUTS greatly help to boost calories... I need SALT on my nuts (that sounds weird)...and Costco (Kirkland brand) makes these Marcona Salted Almonds = DELICIOUS! They are a different type of almond than I think we're all used to..they're really, really good!
    -Milk! Great source of calcium and calories. I can't stand skim milk...tastes like water to me... so I normally do 2%.
    -Spruce up that lunch! Add some protein or a carb...something other than just veggies....ya know?
    -If I've got a lot of calories left to eat and it's dinner time, and I'm starving, I eat more than 3 oz. chicken...maybe like 5-6.

I feel like this isn't really any help...I'm sorry!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    avocados, larabars, coconut (artisana coconut butter is AMAZING), whole milk instead of skim, and full fat greek yogurt instead of that yoplait 50 calorie stuff.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    you are way under......very scary! Wholemilk, whey protein, almonds,etc! Dont want to offend you at all, but I see this all the time. And it usually dont go well after a while. Eat and be merry.:flowerforyou: