Poll...Healthy Fast Food

Options
skinnypigeon
skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
Would you go to a healthy fast food, drive-thru restaurant if it existed?

Fresh ingredients, no processed, low-calorie, super delicious, affordable

Salads, Pizza, sandwiches, chips, smoothies, sweet treats

Do you think it would be a success, and would you want one in your town?

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Yep. Due to extremely busy schedules, I don't have time/energy to cook as much as I should, and we end up getting to-go 2-3 times a week. I'd love to have more options as far as "healthier" goes.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    It would be nearly impossible to do that for the same price as other fast food places, so i don't think it would be a success. However, I'd probably eat there sometimes.
  • SaltAnAtlas
    SaltAnAtlas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YES - if I were too busy or tired to cook.

:laugh: And YES if I had a car! :noway:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'd think there would be something wrong with a person who DIDN'T want to go to a place that had fresh, healthy, delicious, cheap food. Who's saying no to that? There's also a convenient drive-thru?

You've described a place so perfect it can't exist. But if it opens I'll gladly be a regular customer.

I guess Pita Pit almost fits the bill. But no drive-thru and they're kind of expensive.
  • ewejewel
    ewejewel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A take out place with food that's good for you...sign me up....the downside to that is if it had a drivethrough window it would be backed up down the street because the kind of places that care about what you eat also tend to prepare their food SLOWLY (even if it is worth the wait) Pita Pit is awesome and the closest to what you are suggesting but they are both $$expensive and SLOW...
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • branflake5
    Options
    of course this would be awesome!!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've often thought about starting a chain like this... there's just a lot of problems with it. With quality food comes expensive prices which in this economy is rough especially with all the cheap competition out there :( Also like another user mentioned, a drive thru couldn't possibly be speedy if it was truly quality. Unless it was like a drive thru salad/sandwich bar or something. That's a possibility
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I was saying this to my fiance the other day that we should open up a healthy fast food spot lol. I wish these were around. I am guilty time and time again of popping my Mcdonalds or Wendy's when the day got hectic it's 10pm and the family has to eat.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Well, we have two chains of healthy fast foods in Belgium (Exki and Foodmaker) and they're pretty successful. You can have stuff like healthy wraps, salads, soup, quiche, fresh fruit, smoothies... It is true it's more expensive than regular fast food but people tend to think it's worth it. However the target public is certainly not the same as with McDonald's. At Exki you tend to meet blue collars workers and college students while at McD, you see more families and teenagers.
  • catch1331
    Options
    Indeed