me want ice cream

Options
greetings, a few months ago i lost about thirty pounds and allowed myself the summer to maintain the weight i'd reached which was 177 pounds. i'd been that weight since the end of May and up until about the start of the semester i remained that size. Then school started up again and within two months i'd packed on about 4 pounds. In hindsight it wasn't really a lot but about three weeks ago i decided to get back on track to reach my goal weight of 165.

i've managed to lose about 10 pounds in a 18 day span simply by cutting out all refined carbs i.e. sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes, soft drinks, candy, and cookies.

today i've weighed myself and i'm 171.8 lbs, im proud of myself but i reeeaaalllllly want some ice cream lls, should i reward myself or hold out until i reach 165lbs?

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think that it shouldnt be a reward, just a once in awhile indulgence and kick it into high gear the next day with some hard exercise and of course lots of water. Eat light through the day and you can make it fit into your diary and still stay under your calorie goal, but even if you didnt and you want the ice cream the go for it have the indulgence. I like Skinny Cow ice cream and WW ice cream treats because Im a big ice cream lover too and I can fit them into my day no matter what whenever I want and feel like Ive cheated
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Have some ice cream! Just don't go crazy on it. Buy one of the little 1 serving containers if you have to. Just don't buy a gallon and then wonder where it went when you're done.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I don't use food as a reward, but instead, allow myself one treat a week. Once a week I get a chocolate bar or frozen yogurt, and the other nights I have something small like a Smart Ones or Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow. :)
  • thinkthin132
    thinkthin132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think if you don't allow yourself just a little it may leed you to have a bigger set back and eat much worse later. If you do allow it only buy yourself a small portion and not bring a larger quantity into your home. Make it a treat for yourself. Sounds like your doing a great job so far! I believe we need to reward ourselves. But maybe sometimes our rewards could be non food items.
  • chefswife67
    Options
    I have ice cream with in my calorie limits.. So have some just don't crazy with it..
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! And lots of ice cream makers offer the little individual sized cups of ice cream now... Edy's, Haagendaas, you name it. Go get one, they're awesome! Keep up the great work :smile:
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    At the store they have single serving ice cream!! Best thing ever, but to me a half gallon is a single serving :)

go buy a little
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, and you can have some regular ice cream as an occasionial treat. I have ice cream a couple of times a week, on days when I've "earned" it at the gym.
  • fayeana
    Options
    http://userealbutter.com/2010/08/12/single-ingredient-ice-cream-recipe/

This "ice cream" recipe contains only bananas, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.

There is still a lot of sugar from the bananas but at least its not the refined kind. It tastes wonderful and is of the consistency of ice cream. However, you do have to like the flavor of bananas (which I do :smile: ). Good luck to you.
  • ejllshaw
    ejllshaw Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself it'll help your sanity. Bryers ice cream makes a carb options ice cream and the rocky road flavor is awesome. Or drumstick mini cones are only 110 calories! Great job
  • laz22girl
    Options
    There are a ton of ice creams that are reasonable and can fit into a plan.

I just had 2/3rds CP of ice cream for less than 200 cals.

It's sort of important to learn how to encorporate these indulgences while losing vs trying to stave yourself of all the good stuff until goal.