Over 200 Club week 5 (open group)

Options

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Sorry haven't had a chance to post this week! So insane at work! Thank god it's spring break!!

Well I was able to squeeze in some squats while walking. I did about 200 this week, not as many as I had hoped, but it was good to get them in the routine and I think I"ll keep them!

What's the challenge this week?
    Crunches/ sit-ups maybe? What are some good arm exercises that can be done at home?

last week: 271.6
    CW- 269
    down 2.6! yay!

GW: 267
    I do bicep curls,I lift weights above my head,out to the sides and I also push the weight towards my back to work the flabby area of my arms.I am not sure what all those specific exercises are but I gave you an idea.I jog today for 1 hour and 30 minutes outside.YAY without get winded.Thats a big thing for me.Fell free to pick your own challenge this week or you can jog or walk like I am.:flowerforyou: WTG Everyone!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Thanks, I just got back from taking the kids and dog for a 1 hour walk. Yay. I have been really consistant this week. Not something I am when it comes to exercise
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Any room for me here? I'm definitely over 200, lol! :blushing:
    This past week didn't go that great for me :grumble: so I can definitely use some motivation!

Thanks,
    Leslie
  • awestfall
    Options
    Any room for me here? I'm definitely over 200, lol! :blushing:
    This past week didn't go that great for me :grumble: so I can definitely use some motivation!

Thanks,
    Leslie
    Leslie you are more than welcome to join in on the fun of this group!! Weigh in is on Fridays for the group and our challenge this week is "PICK YOUR OWN" or you can do what I am doing .See how many minutes I can jog/walk each day.GOOD LUCK and WELCOME:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.... welcome to our new team members!! Sorry I haven't checked in much, softball season has started so things are a bit hetic and is really messing up my workout schedule. My weigh in for Friday was 198 (down 3) yeah 100's!!! I am on spring break this week so I am trying to do 30 day shred and walking/jogging. I did my first day at level 1... wow! I can run at 5.3 mph for a half a mile, but had a hard time keeping up with the 2 minute cardio intervals (higher impact I think?) Who knows... I'll keep at it. Have a great week everyone!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Good morning everyone.... welcome to our new team members!! Sorry I haven't checked in much, softball season has started so things are a bit hetic and is really messing up my workout schedule. My weigh in for Friday was 198 (down 3) yeah 100's!!! I am on spring break this week so I am trying to do 30 day shred and walking/jogging. I did my first day at level 1... wow! I can run at 5.3 mph for a half a mile, but had a hard time keeping up with the 2 minute cardio intervals (higher impact I think?) Who knows... I'll keep at it. Have a great week everyone!

WTG PegM! Welcome to the 100s!!

I weighed in, but forgot to post on Friday. My weightloss for this past week was 1.8 lbs, so I'm now at 192. Yippee! About 10 more pounds and I will have lost my baby weight from baby #2, who is now 6!

Keep up the great work, everybody!
  • RAENLUKE
    RAENLUKE Posts: 17
    Options
    Okay I'm in. I am slowly climbing back in the driver's seat of my weight loss wagon. I fell off for a few days, gained 3lbs. My challenge for myself is to lose half of that 3lbs this week. How to do it...gotta move it. Thanks for the intro to this club. Good Luck everyone.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Me... well brittany feels like the whole world is on her shoulders this week. My boyfriend got a call yesterday morning saying that he is laid off because the schools tuition is low, and they can't keep him.
    So I do not know what I am going to do. We are spending the whole day searching for jobs, We've gotten him applied to about 30 so far. But I live in MI and needless to say our unemployment is HUGE.
    And as I have previous stated I have a HUGE amount of homework. Plus our complex is going to have a random inspection on the 13th so we are SCRUBBING down the apartment. Plus I am getting rid of all of the clothes I havent been fitting into the last 2 years, not only are they out of style but they are taking up too much room. I sadly have to let go. and then I have to try and find a second job as well as starting up my business... sigh. I also discovered my boyfriend is doing Terrible in school. So I need ot basically tear down EVERYTHING in his life and help him rebuild good habits. To be honest, It was not all that surprising, he has gotten into a huge partier, a life that I really don't participate in and he has been spending more and more time with his friends. Friends that really aren't very good for him.. but he loves them so I have to help him pick up his life and start anew with these bad influences still there...

Sorry so sorry for such a long post.
    <3 u guys.
  • Momma2four
    Options

Thanks for the welcome and congrats on being in the 100's what an exciting time. That is something I am longing for even if it is 199.99 as long as it starts with a 1. So good job, I am happy for you.:smile:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Me... well brittany feels like the whole world is on her shoulders this week. My boyfriend got a call yesterday morning saying that he is laid off because the schools tuition is low, and they can't keep him.
    So I do not know what I am going to do. We are spending the whole day searching for jobs, We've gotten him applied to about 30 so far. But I live in MI and needless to say our unemployment is HUGE.
    And as I have previous stated I have a HUGE amount of homework. Plus our complex is going to have a random inspection on the 13th so we are SCRUBBING down the apartment. Plus I am getting rid of all of the clothes I havent been fitting into the last 2 years, not only are they out of style but they are taking up too much room. I sadly have to let go. and then I have to try and find a second job as well as starting up my business... sigh. I also discovered my boyfriend is doing Terrible in school. So I need ot basically tear down EVERYTHING in his life and help him rebuild good habits. To be honest, It was not all that surprising, he has gotten into a huge partier, a life that I really don't participate in and he has been spending more and more time with his friends. Friends that really aren't very good for him.. but he loves them so I have to help him pick up his life and start anew with these bad influences still there...

Sorry so sorry for such a long post.
    <3 u guys.

I'm so sorry to hear all that you're going through. Hang in there! It sounds like you're the steady rock in the relationship, and I'm sure he's glad to have you there supporting him. I'll be praying for you guys!
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options

Awesome! Way to get to the 100s!!!

I'm so jealous that you're playing softball. :sad: I reeeeeeeeeeally miss playing softball. But I have to get some weight off first. I can barely even jog for 2 minutes on the treadmill. :blushing: :ohwell: :brokenheart:

Anyway...keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    This "Pick your own" thing makes me slack... I can't seem to decide what poison to pick for myself... :laugh: Awestfall, we have a walking challenge in the Green Team already 2nd week, we are going for 1000 miles as a team which will take some more weeks to complete, so I'm doing the walking anyway and need another challenge... :huh: I was thinking crunches but I don't like them so obviously I'm not challenging myself to them... Will someone challenge me to do something, please? I guess I need someone to push me... :blushing: If there's someone else who can't decide, I can challenge you back in exchange for my challenge :laugh: I find this a cool idea really "challenge your buddy" rather than "challenge yourself"...
  • awestfall
    Options
    This "Pick your own" thing makes me slack... I can't seem to decide what poison to pick for myself... :laugh: Awestfall, we have a walking challenge in the Green Team already 2nd week, we are going for 1000 miles as a team which will take some more weeks to complete, so I'm doing the walking anyway and need another challenge... :huh: I was thinking crunches but I don't like them so obviously I'm not challenging myself to them... Will someone challenge me to do something, please? I guess I need someone to push me... :blushing: If there's someone else who can't decide, I can challenge you back in exchange for my challenge :laugh: I find this a cool idea really "challenge your buddy" rather than "challenge yourself"...
    Ok I will challenge you PURR!! Get up and do some push ups this week.I will do them 2 on top of my 2 hours of jogging each day.See how many pushups you can get in this week.Even if they are girlie push ups.I have flabby arms so I need to do something to workout my arms.So lets do this together gilr ok.How many PUSH UPS can you get in this week?:flowerforyou:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    oh my I think I prefer crunches now :laugh: ok, i'll see what I can do about the push-ups but don't expect a big number for the week, I could hardly do 2 last I tried... :sad:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    [Ok I will challenge you PURR!! Get up and do some push ups this week.I will do them 2 on top of my 2 hours of jogging each day.See how many pushups you can get in this week.Even if they are girlie push ups.I have flabby arms so I need to do something to workout my arms.So lets do this together gilr ok.How many PUSH UPS can you get in this week?:flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

I want to get in on that. I am not having trouble with my cardio it is my toning. I will count my pushups this week too. (can we do wall pushups?) I can do a lot more of those:happy:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    [Ok I will challenge you PURR!! Get up and do some push ups this week.I will do them 2 on top of my 2 hours of jogging each day.See how many pushups you can get in this week.Even if they are girlie push ups.I have flabby arms so I need to do something to workout my arms.So lets do this together gilr ok.How many PUSH UPS can you get in this week?:flowerforyou:

I want to get in on that. I am not having trouble with my cardio it is my toning. I will count my pushups this week too. (can we do wall pushups?) I can do a lot more of those:happy:
  • awestfall
    Options

Yes definitely !! Does it have the same effect as regular push ups?Thanks for the information!!:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    50 pushups and 2 hours of jogging today.And good bye to the 220's forever!!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I read in a magazine a few years back that wall push ups lift your bust (strengthens chest) and that it was good for your arms. Because I can only do a couple of the others and around 25 of these I figured it is better.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    50 pushups and 2 hours of jogging today.And good bye to the 220's forever!!

Congratulations that is great.:happy: