Holiday office treats

Options
Every year during the holiday season our office has treats (cakes, cookies, chocolate, etc) sitting around. All of these things are weaknesses of mine, but quitting my job to stay away isn't really an option. What are some alternatives that I could have on hand to help me not eat my weight back on?

Replies

• mrsfoose
    Options
    A few hard candies, or keep a single serving of hershey kisses in your desk and when the urge to cave strikes savor the heck out of them.
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    Keep dove dark chocolate in your desk. they're individually wrapped, dark chocolate to help your cravings and inside every wrapper there is a postitive/inspirational message (you have a beautiful smile, love dove). They're my favorite and they're lifesavers during dessert-intensive times of the year.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    fruit
    protein bars
    nuts (check quantity)

We have unhealthy morning tea options every friday. I'll have some if it fits into my macro goals but otherwise I just eat what I already have around.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying protein bars. I haven't been able to find one I really like that doesn't have a bunch of calories. I Like the Dove dark chocolate idea!
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    make and bring in your own cake/cookies/brownies etc...there are plenty of ways to make them low(er) calorie and still taste delicious. Not exactly health food, but hungrygirl.com has some great recipes
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying protein bars. I haven't been able to find one I really like that doesn't have a bunch of calories. I Like the Dove dark chocolate idea!
    Make your own protein bars. That way you control the macros, they are healthier and way cheaper. Loads of easy recipes out there too. Good luck!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Make your own protein bars. That way you control the macros, they are healthier and way cheaper. Loads of easy recipes out there too. Good luck!

eg
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/379102-lemon-protein-bars-no-bake-27g-protein-per-bar
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bring in lots of delicious, healthy snacks (apples, bananas, almonds, baby carrots, avocado, etc.) and keep them at your desk. Eat them frequently...especially when you see the junk food. You'll feel full and you can resist.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I copied the lemon bar receipe and plan on making a batch this weekend. Evil office had chocolate cupcakes today. So far I've been strong and had an apple instead. However, I have smelled them a couple of times.