Even housework can be a good workout...who knew? lol

Options
I would like to thank www.pandora.com for providing wonderful background music to my sweeping, dusting, kitchen cleanup and folding laundry chores tonight. A special thanks to Mr. Billy Joel. "New York State of Mind" is always inspiring and hauntingly beautiful! :wink:

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank www.pandora.com for providing wonderful background music to my sweeping, dusting, kitchen cleanup and folding laundry chores tonight. A special thanks to Mr. Billy Joel. "New York State of Mind" is always inspiring and hauntingly beautiful! :wink:

Cleaning is not an exercise.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    If you do it right, cleaning sure as heck is an exercise.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Everybody has to start somewhere! Nice job Mel, sounds like a lovely evening.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

omggg. for some people it is.

that's like me saying "walking is not an exercise". It's activity, and that is what matttters! okayy?

Do i log it? no...
    but i do run 60 miles a week.
  • melbasc
    melbasc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol....seriously?
  • jenny25277
    Options
    Oh really I scrub my walls and takes me an hour to clean each room maybe more and those weeks I usually lose weight too I have lost more weight doing housework than at gym.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I disagree. I spend 5 days out of the week sitting at a desk behind a computer. On the weekends when I'm doing my housework, especially when I wear my ankle weights, it is definitely a workout.