looking to take protine supplements

Options
hi every one, immm looking too take some supplements to help me out. i have been lifting weights and just cant see too eat right nnore have the time i have been thinking about starting 1.mr as a prework out and whey isolate as a post work out. if anyone know if this will help me please let me know or if u have a better idea. thanks

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Take care of your diet first. BTW that 1mr didn't let me sleep when i took it once. I have insomnia though
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Agreed, get your diet sorted out before you meddle with supplements. Eating protein-high foods also helps.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with 1mr, but I do know that my doc told me I should eat or drink something with both carbs and protein, right before a workout, and then eat or drink more protein (just protein, no carbs) right after a workout.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Read everything you can get your hands on about sports nutrition, eat, lift heavy, rest, read more, eat lots more, rest, lift heavy, take creatine monohydrate (cheapest most efficient pre workout supplement for people looking to put mass on) get a good quality whey protein, that isn't low carb, if it is low carb, buy a magic bullet, add ground flax, chocolate milk, bananas, greek yogurt to the whey to make major protein smoothies (unless your trying to cut). I recommend Beyond Brawn as a basics book for lifts as well as Arnie's Encyclopedia, the new and updated version has good nutrition sections. As for that, full fat eggs, tons of chicken, lean beef, lean turkey, tuna, if you like it, go on sushi binges, I give props to my sushi binges for helping me grow, lol, find a good buffet place that is higher quality food, :) as well as almonds, pistachios, walnuts. You can cook oatmeal a head of time in big batches and reheat, add cinnamon, raisins, a bit of milk, a scoop of whey and mix well, awesome way to get both calories, carbs, protein in all at once. Supplements are a great way to get more protein, but they are just that, supplements, so make sure your having big hearty meals with gusto, you mention having a hard time getting calories in, how much are you taking in per day on average?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    For me I get good results by taking creatine mixed into 1/2 a scoop of whey protein powder prior to my workout, and then another dose of creatine with a full protein scoop afterwards in a shake mixed with some fruit to restore muscle glycogen. Your body is shaped 80% by diet 10% by your workouts and 10% by genetics. www.bodybuilding.com is a great resource.
  • mrmarch911
    mrmarch911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i donnt get much protine during the day i dont get much time to eat in the day i would get most of it in the morning and at dinner time
  • mrmarch911
    Options
    i heard not to take it before bed and you get a bad burn out after a while but they say if u start out with a half scoop it works okay too
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    i heard not to take it before bed and you get a bad burn out after a while but they say if u start out with a half scoop it works okay too

Bad burn out from the 1.M.R? Yeah, it can do that from the stimulants. When you do get the chance to eat, make sure they are big meals, meal timing means nothing, just make sure to get in your cals/macros whenever however you can at least 5 days per week and you'll make some gains.
  • mrmarch911
    Options
    thanks!!!!!!