Admitting you're wrong is lame.

Options
Tasha eats her caloric allotment. Tasha loses weight.

Tasha starts exercising. Tasha does not eat back her exercise calories. Tasha loses weight.

Tasha thinks, "All those people yelling about eating back their exercise calories are silly. Check me out. That's totally not how this works."

Tasha sometimes nets a couple hundred calories a day.

Tasha stops losing weight.

At the end of a week, Tasha says "Okay, fine, whatever, I'll try eating back my exercise calories but this is stupid and will never work."

Tasha pouts.

Tasha eats.

Tasha gets on the scale and loses 2 pounds in 3 days.

Oh. Well damn. Now Tasha feels reeeaaallllyyy silly.

As previously stated, admitting you're wrong is kinda lame (unless you keep a sense of humor about it).

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go stuff my face with 600+ exercise calories. :)

Replies

• JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Ha!

But isn't eating fun? Do you feel better? Have more energy? There are LOTS of benefits of eating enough other than just breaking weight loss plateaus!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha love this! :laugh:
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    haha, nice!
  • starscapenatasha
    Options
    Yeah, actually I do. The only problem is I'm a nighttime calorie hoarder, and so after exercise (which is usually 600+), sometimes I have trouble eating it all before I go to bed. I'm considering buying some calorie dense foods to make it a little easier (for example, I have 1400 to kill before I go to bed tonight).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Knowledge through trial and error helps to humble you......................................good for you though!!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some Tashas eat even less after plateauing, and keep doing it for many many months. Some Tashas allow themselves a little cheat day once in a while, but then they ALWAYS gain, bc they've taught their bodies to STORE everything.

Instead of realizing they're wrong, some Tashas just stay fat while starving.

Pretty sad:

700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

DON'T BE A FAT, STARVING TASHA!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yeah, actually I do. The only problem is I'm a nighttime calorie hoarder, and so after exercise (which is usually 600+), sometimes I have trouble eating it all before I go to bed. I'm considering buying some calorie dense foods to make it a little easier (for example, I have 1400 to kill before I go to bed tonight).

nuts! I could kill 1400 cals in cashews in about 2.4 seconds. Damn delicious cashews...
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    *like*
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    admitting your wrong IS lame. . . . but Tasha is now super awesome for doing it!! :D
  • Kikilicious84
    Options

I have this problem as well. *sigh*
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Lots of people have to learn this the hard way. It isn't just Tasha. :flowerforyou:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Tasha is a funny girl! LOL!!!! So let's eat up our exercise calories! I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Tasha cracks me up.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ya know, I think I'm in the same boat. The scale has been stuck for the past few weeks... with only *7.2* pounds until I reach my goal. I've been so proud of staying under my daily goals that I've ignored the fact that my net calories haven't exceeded 1200 in a while. Coincidentally, just about the same amount of time that the scale has been at a standstill. Go figure.

Now if you'll excuse me, a honey wheat English muffin with a smidge of peanut butter is calling my name... :)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I have to admit that I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around the eat more thing. Have always been told in the past that you have to kill yourself exercising and eat like a bird to lose weight. I'm actually really enjoying exercising for the first time in my life, and usually burn 400-1000 calories/5 days a week. My allotment is already at 1600 to start, so that's a LOT of calories. I haven't eaten them all back, but I've been trying to at least eat half. I don't have a HRM yet, so I can't be exactly sure on the calories I've burned though. Anyway, thanks again for sharing!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you really got to eat more before you workout if you workout late, which is scary because there's always the chance then workout won't happen and then you are screwed.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    I like Tasha for admitting she was wrong and will be very proud of her when she reaches her goal.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    woohoo

Tasha is awesome!!
  • JennyDeK
    Options
    haha thanks Tasha. That is not a fun problem to have. We are so trained to eat as little as we can get by on. That is kind of a mental get by and not a physical get by though. For our bodies knowing exactly what they want its sure confusing on the mind. Keep at it!