Recovering from Anorexia

Options
I used to be anorexic, and now I'm fully recovered, but from the year or so of restricting then binging, I'm sure my metabolism suffered some great damage! I'm at a very healthy weight, 5'5" and about 121 pounds, and I am happy there. My question is, how should I go about eating more and raising my metabolism, without gaining weight because for the first time I have come to peace with my body and would love to stay there. I'm just doubtful that MFP's calculations are true for someone with a metabolism as damaged as mine

Replies

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    you should definitely eat more than what you're eating you need a minimum net of 1200 to lose weight and probably between 1700 and 2000 to maintain
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You might want to see a professional dietician about this to avoid getting into trouble again.
  • vwedwards
    Options
    I am recovered from anorexia, too. My metabolism is also pretty run down. I find it helps to eat food with fiber, and also I take Omega-3 capsules. Congratulations on recovering, by the way, it's a tough thing to beat. :) keep up the good work!