Realistic goal?

Options
I try to keep my goals realistic, as anybody should of course. However, I want to know if it's a realistic goal for me to lose 15 lbs by the end of the year? Possibly more. [I'm thinking 20.] I recently fell off my diet but I'm getting back to it! I'm trying my best even though I've not been feeling too well lately. I'm putting it out of my mind.

Replies

• gary8964
    Options
    I have been on this site for about two and one half months now and am down 18 lbs. It is possible.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Well, losing weight usually takes longer for us women than for men, so there's one factor you have to deal with. Plus, from your profile pic, it looks like you're close to goal, and weight loss usually slows down when people are close to goal. But since we have about 8 weeks left in the year, and a safe rate of weight loss is 0.5 to 2lbs per week, it's conceivable that you could lose up to 16 by the end of the year.

Good luck! Your baby is gorgeous by the way!! :)
  • ShanaJo87
    ShanaJo87 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started sept 23rd...i have a goal to lose 25lbs by christmas. then 10lbs every month until oct 1st 2012... i think you can do it
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but it is completely dependent on you. How dedicated are you to eating right and exercising?
    It isn't easy but you get back what you put into it.
  • NorthRiver
    NorthRiver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how heavy you are. The heavier you are, the easier it will be to lose those pounds. If you're already in a healthy range, it is going to be harder.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how heavy you are. The heavier you are, the easier it will be to lose those pounds. If you're already in a healthy range, it is going to be harder.

This! :)
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    I had the same goal 15-20 by end of year. I know it can be done because i'm at 200 lbs but I know it will be a lot of hard work. Hope you reach your goal!