I was hoping to never post here :(

Options
Hi all,

So I joined MFP August 8th and i have lost 34 lbs since then. In the beginning it was so easy for me. I ate SO well and exercised 4-6 days per week. The weight just fell off of me. For some reason, it was so easy for me to workout all the time and eat well. 2 weigh in's ago, I stayed at the same exact weight and last weigh in, I lost .6 lbs. That's not normal for me. I would usually drop 2-5 lbs in one week.

I have been really slacking on logging my food, working out and Some days I go over my calories. Never by a lot, but enough to maintain.... i feel myself slowly falling back into my old habits. I feel like I always have an excuse for everything. For one thing, I feel like I have NO time to work out. My Anatomy and Physiology class has been KICKING MY *kitten* hardcore. I feel like I always have a test to study for. When one's over, I have to start studying for another one the next day. School is definitely priority over working out too. Then there's work. I don't work out on work days because by the time I get out of work, the gym at my school is closed. And when I do get some free time, I find myself actually trying to have a social life.

I have been kinda seeing this one guy I work with. We love spending quality time with each other, but It seems like every time we hang out, it's after work (10 or 11pm) Unless it's one of our days off (we have the same days off thankfully) But on work days, It's the only time that works for us. And we're both night owls anyway...I'm always in a rush before i go over there and often don't have time to eat. And we always end up going to get food/drinks. I feel like eating something (I eat as healthy as I can) is better than not eating anything? Especially if I am hungry, ya know? Ugh, And when I go over there, I spend the night and often We will have to work the next day or I will have school, therefore ruining my workout day. I don't NOT want to spend the night though because I love doing that!

i just really need some motivation here. I need to get back to logging and exercising regularly. :( someone kick my *kitten* lol...

Replies

• lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Even if you're getting food late with this guy, maybe you guys can find healthier options late at night. If eating well and working out is important to you, then he should know that and support you. I know in my area we have 24 hour Subways or even get the healthiest option at a fast food joint (aka a grilled chicken sandwich minus mayo).

Just remember how awesome you felt while losing those 34 pounds and how proud of yourself you probably were. I totally understand work and school being a priority, but balance is the key.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to reaching your goal....the harder it is to lose the weight. I had the weight I lost come off very easy in the first months....but now I have to work my butt off for evey pound.

Join a challenge on this site....maybe it's just what you need to keep motivated

Congrats on how well you have done : )
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

So I joined MFP August 8th and i have lost 34 lbs since then. In the beginning it was so easy for me. I ate SO well and exercised 4-6 days per week. The weight just fell off of me. For some reason, it was so easy for me to workout all the time and eat well. 2 weigh in's ago, I stayed at the same exact weight and last weigh in, I lost .6 lbs. That's not normal for me. I would usually drop 2-5 lbs in one week.

I have been really slacking on logging my food, working out and Some days I go over my calories. Never by a lot, but enough to maintain.... i feel myself slowly falling back into my old habits. I feel like I always have an excuse for everything. For one thing, I feel like I have NO time to work out. My Anatomy and Physiology class has been KICKING MY *kitten* hardcore. I feel like I always have a test to study for. When one's over, I have to start studying for another one the next day. School is definitely priority over working out too. Then there's work. I don't work out on work days because by the time I get out of work, the gym at my school is closed. And when I do get some free time, I find myself actually trying to have a social life.

I have been kinda seeing this one guy I work with. We love spending quality time with each other, but It seems like every time we hang out, it's after work (10 or 11pm) Unless it's one of our days off (we have the same days off thankfully) But on work days, It's the only time that works for us. And we're both night owls anyway...I'm always in a rush before i go over there and often don't have time to eat. And we always end up going to get food/drinks. I feel like eating something (I eat as healthy as I can) is better than not eating anything? Especially if I am hungry, ya know? Ugh, And when I go over there, I spend the night and often We will have to work the next day or I will have school, therefore ruining my workout day. I don't NOT want to spend the night though because I love doing that!

i just really need some motivation here. I need to get back to logging and exercising regularly. :( someone kick my *kitten* lol...

KICK!!!

Seriously, I totally understand the finding excuses thing. I was actually thinking today while at the gym that I really should bring my reading materials for the days I only do the treadmill. And I would say to you - even if you take some of your notes and only do the treadmill for 45 minutes - DO IT. Invite your boyfriend to the gym. It could be fun for the two of you. And it's just another chance to get to know another aspect of each other. It IS hard to fit everything into the time we're alloted, but when we really want something we WILL MAKE time for it. You can do this.
  • meredithd13
    Options
    i am in my late 30s and i truly believe you have to make healthy diet and exercise a priority in your life, for you whole life. otherwise your health will suffer and if you don't have your health when you're older, you ain't got nothing!

so, my best advice would be to make exercise and eathing healthy 'what you do' not an added extra that you can fit in when you have time. the 30 day shred takes only 20 mins a day. a brisk walk can be 30. it doesn't have to be much, but a little every day, combined with a healthy diet, will become a habit and keep you healthy and the weight off.
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    can you use a digital recorder in class? i used to use digital recorders back in the day, during lectures and then i could play it back when ever i was driving, doing housework or even before i would go to sleep(id fall asleep listening to it...especially earth science, instructor was very monotone and boring)...you could listen while you workout or go walking...just a thought, good luck hon...dont stop now, even if you have lost your momentum, you can get it back.
  • c2me12ad6
    c2me12ad6 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ugh I am in the same boat. I am totally falling behind. I was down 23 pounds....gained 20 back dropped 10 gained 8 back...I have been on this roller coaster. Then my best friend got married this past weekend and I have totally fallen behind on posting and logging weight and food! I also have missed the gym the past five days *GASP!* I am going tomorrow and need to kick my *kitten* too! Lets do this together!!! come on!!!!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You schedule your classes and work, add some time in there for a walk or like was mentioned earlier, the 30 day shred (which kicks my *kitten* every day!). Don't give up. Remember what it was like when the pounds were melting away! You got a whole community here to support you :)

Let's keep going :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can see if the restaurants you go to with your man have healthy options or substitutes. For example, I know Ihop has an "under 600 cal" menu, or maybe you could replace a side of fries with a side of fruit or something, to keep things on the healthier side. Try to get white meat instead of red etc.

Also, try explaining your goals to him. My boyfriend is really supportive of the fact that I'm trying to lose some weight, and helps keep me in check when I'm dying for a cheeseburger.
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Maybe you can see if the restaurants you go to with your man have healthy options or substitutes. For example, I know Ihop has an "under 600 cal" menu, or maybe you could replace a side of fries with a side of fruit or something, to keep things on the healthier side. Try to get white meat instead of red etc.

Also, try explaining your goals to him. My boyfriend is really supportive of the fact that I'm trying to lose some weight, and helps keep me in check when I'm dying for a cheeseburger.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I usually get a chicken sandwich no mayo or something like that. He always jokes around with me like "oh what are you going to get, a cucumber sandwich?" or "what you going to get, a lettuce salad??" We joke around with each other like that, it's how we are. He means no harm :) But anyway, He is supportive of me and he always tells me how well i am doing with my diet and how great I am looking. Just sucks he can eat whatever he wants and stay looking good.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What about spending time together and going for a walk? I have a dog, and often my boyfriend and I will take her for a walk together, burns some calories, you get some fresh air, and it gives you a change to talk and catch up. Cook together as a "date" you then have total control over what you eat.

As for school, I was a full time nursing student this time last year, i worked full time, I have a boyfriend, clinical placements, etc, and I lost 30 pounds, Make the gym a commitment you cant miss. Take your notes to the gym. I would take concepts out of my anatomy and physiology and use to to push me on the tredmill. I would set up questions like how blood moves through the heart and when I answered every question accurately I could slow the tredmill a little, and if i got it wrong I would have to sprint for 30 seconds. Sounds silly, but it worked! be creative, you only can do so much in 24 hours!
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Everyone is giving you such great suggestions--and you, obviously, need to pick those things that work for you. But.. I really do suggest that you pick a time to have a serious --and I mean serious- talk with the boyfriend. Explain to him how hard you have worked.. and have to work.. to lose weight. That it makes you a happier and healthier person. It took me 4yrs.. and a really sobbing breakdown to explain to my husband I needed his help and support. Because he thinks I am beautiful.. just the way I am.. it just wasn't registering with him. I DO have to give him some clear direction. But, now he says.. "what is good for you to eat?" So.. take all of those other suggestions about scheduling and fast food.. and talk to your boyfriend.. who I am sure is wonderful and wants the best for you !!
  • jewels68
    Options
    I agree with starting a challenge. It has put the weight loss back into gear. Also being honest and logging all my food NO MATTER what it is has helped alot. Sending big hugs your way. And congrats on the new boy and school. It's hard holding a job, school and friendships. But take 30-45 minutes to yourself. Every little bit helps.