NEW AND LOOKING FOR FRIENDS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH

Options
Hi guys!! I'm new to the site and can't wait to start losing weight. My name is Teena.. I'm 25 years old, a mother of 2 children. Height: 5'2 Weight: 225lbs Pants size: 18... I dont have a scale right now, but am planning on getting one either friday or saturday. But i checked my weight at my grandma's and sadly i weighed about 225 lbs. It's so sad.. I have always been on the heavy side.. always the 'fat' girl.. Im so sick and tired of it! So starting tomorrow I am going to try a new approach.. I dont really have a plan, maybe someone can help me with planning meals and exercise?? I really dont know where to start, but i know i WANT to make a change in my life and stop being depressed and having low self esteem because of my body image. I really would like to find a buddy to share experiences day to day with. Preferably a female around the same age as me.. and also around the same height/weight... but even if were not the same stats.. u can still be my weight loss buddy!! I would like to lose 80 lbs by next year. My current small goal is to lose 20 lbs by new years/ fit into a size 16.

Replies

• indianaangel
    Options
    You can add me as a friend!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hey there, you can add me as a buddy.
  • amandanzgirl
    amandanzgirl Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am slightly taller than you, 5ft8, and slightly older (30) BUT feel free to add me as a friend. I am a mom to a 2 year old boy and it has taken me those two years to lose the 80lbs I put on while pregnant. And I'm in the process of losing the last 10lbs now.

My typical day goes something like;

Breakfast - cereal & skim milk

Lunch - chicken wrap or sushi or chicken/ salad sandwich

Dinner - usually whatever the family is having, but small portion

With MFP it's all about watching your portion sizes and learning to find healthier alternatives to the foods you love. My key is allowing myslef to have a little 'treat' every day (usually after dinner), so I don't feel like I'm deprived. Usually a hot chocolate or popcorn or a couple squares of cocolate.

The only real exercise I do is walking 3 -4 times a week with my son.

Anyway, if you add me my diary is open, so feel free to take a look.

All the best :)
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I'm new to the site and can't wait to start losing weight. My name is Teena.. I'm 25 years old, a mother of 2 children. Height: 5'2 Weight: 225lbs Pants size: 18... I dont have a scale right now, but am planning on getting one either friday or saturday. But i checked my weight at my grandma's and sadly i weighed about 225 lbs. It's so sad.. I have always been on the heavy side.. always the 'fat' girl.. Im so sick and tired of it! So starting tomorrow I am going to try a new approach.. I dont really have a plan, maybe someone can help me with planning meals and exercise?? I really dont know where to start, but i know i WANT to make a change in my life and stop being depressed and having low self esteem because of my body image. I really would like to find a buddy to share experiences day to day with. Preferably a female around the same age as me.. and also around the same height/weight... but even if were not the same stats.. u can still be my weight loss buddy!! I would like to lose 80 lbs by next year. My current small goal is to lose 20 lbs by new years/ fit into a size 16.

welcome aboard! its a very good thing that u have broken up ur bigger goals into mini goals..... one day at a time.... good luck on ur journey.... and guesssssss what ??????? u will reach ur first mini goal with flying colors.... ohhh yeah u can add me as a friend if u like....:bigsmile:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request now. Welcome aboard!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    I blame our short-ness.
    You have to weigh so much less when youŕe only 5´2 to have a healthy BMI!!!

Curse you shortness!
    Curse you!!!!!
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!
    I blame our short-ness.
    You have to weigh so much less when youŕe only 5´2 to have a healthy BMI!!!

Curse you shortness!
    Curse you!!!!!
  • MissTeena
    Options
    Thanks you guys for the advice and friend request, I feel very welcomed here and can't wait to wake up in the morning!!!
  • ashale4
    Options
    I'm new as well and need to lose 40lbs by next summer!! Add me as a friend I need motivators!!
  • frankie2637
    frankie2637 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey. You will find loads of help and support on here. Add me as a friend, we all need support and motivation and this place is full of it lol !!!!!!!!!
  • KelCanDoThis
    KelCanDoThis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Kelly. I have also been using this a while without much success, until I started talking to others and getting support! I have now lost 20lb.

The site is great. I talk to some wonderful people, it's so much easier when you don't go at it alone

Feel free to add me

Kel
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey I started this about a week ago and am really enjoying this site. The people are soooooooo helpful and supportive and the site is sooo easy to use.

Enjoy and add me if you like.

Take care :D
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not as young as you'd like but feel free to add me! :)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    you will love this site!
    feel free to add me!
    I'm also 5'2 and started out at 215
    good luck :)
  • Rohnic
    Rohnic Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi Teena,
    Welcome to MFP. I love your picture you look really happy!
    I hope you'll find the strenght and support you need on here!
    Add me as a friend, I cant give you lots of advice, but Im a great motivator and support ;-)
    Nicola
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    one day at a time
  • marysajona
    Options
    welcome! Hope you have fun! Its really great losing weight with people who have the same goal. and the people here are really nice too! they are a great support.

Add me! :)
  • hernoodlyness
    hernoodlyness Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new too. Add me as friend :)
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    you could do this!! just take it one day at a time!!!
  • revnica
    revnica Posts: 50
    Options
    this is an awesome site to begin your journey to a healthy lifestyle. There are so many supportive people here. feel free to add me, i'm also in need of motivation!!!!!