Having a fat day!

Options
Does anyone have any tips on how to de-bloat quite quickly (I will be drinking lots of water today etc) I'm having a right old fat day and have a big night out tonight booooo

xx

Replies

• AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    there's not much you can do besides drinking plenty of water and staying away from sodium for the rest of the day. since potassium and sodium work hand in hand, i like to have fruits that are high in potassium to level off the sodium. days that I feel bloated I start my day eating a piece of fruit thats high in potassium like a banana or plum, or drink a glass of orange juice.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Kiwis are also high in potassium. As wel as brocoli and carrot i think
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    coconut water is packed with potassium too! More than a banana :D
  • Gonzoxx
    Gonzoxx Posts: 27
    Options
    hi dani, well don't worry... You just have to make small changes to make them part of yours throgh the time. By now i would advice you to drink a huge amount of water AND eat a lot of fiber, make sure your meals have a good number of protein grams. You can cut your "daily menu" in 5 meals (eat three hours between each meal), that will make you avoid make you feel starving. One more thing. Watch out your macronutients ratio, the have to be well balanced. A good idea is 50% calories from carbohydrates (whole grain products it's a great idea), 30% calories from protein (chicken, fish , and others), 20% calories from fat (good fats: avocado, olive oil). You don't have to follow this numbers EXACTLY, but try to get closed to them. Hope my answer would be usefull and keep me posted if you give it a try :)
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    When I'm retaining water, in addition to watching sodium, upping potassium, drinking lots of water and working up a sweat, I drink one of the Celestial Seasonings "Zinger" teas. They have hibiscus in them which are a very mild diuretic. You know that phrase about the urinary tendencies of racehorses? That is what those teas do for me :)