Hips don't lie!

Options
So been on this weight loss journey for a while. Started WW(UK) in March 2004 and reached goal in July 2005, total of 84lbs lost. Now I'm a lil over my goal, sitting at 154lb at 5'6". Would like to be between 140 and 145. But I just can't get the consistency anymore, as soon as Friday evening arrives am like a warewolf or somethin'. Munching on crap and feelin' crap all weekend and around comes Monday and am like 'right let's get this going, you can do it' and the whole cycle starts over. I excercise during the week, keep within my calorie goal of 1500 and eat most of my excercise calories. It's just the weekends that are keeping me here on the start line.
And as the subject goes hips don't lie - being a women that's were most of the weight is and it's a right royal pain in the @ss. Any fitness advice/dvds/workouts to balance me out would be great. (or at least just firm them up a bit).
Any support and/or advice would be appreciated.
love
Jiggly Hips
x

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    30 day shred. jillianmichaels.com
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I s*ck on the weekends too - really badly. I did WW years ago, and apply the same philosophy now - I eat under during the week (not crazy under, but under) and allow myself those calories on the weekend. You can't go nuts, but it alleviates the self-bashing and hating myself for the weekends...
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just want to state that my hips do, in fact, lie. They tell people that I don't exercise and that I've never done a lunge or squat in my life. I'm considering suing them for slander.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I just want to state that my hips do, in fact, lie. They tell people that I don't exercise and that I've never done a lunge or squat in my life. I'm considering suing them for slander.

Ditto!!
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    omg, I am the same way when it comes to the weekends! I am not sure why...although I do think that for the most part it's because the hubby is home on the weekends all day, plus that's when we have bday parties and so on and so forth. We currently are stationed in Germany and it is so hard during this time of year because there are tons of festivals and such every weekend right now and we are trying to take advantage of it :/ I usually start off doing good on Sat because I have a zumba class in the mornings but then little by little temptation sets in, grrrrr. Then by Sun no matter what I try to do good but I feel like I do worse then I feel terrible on Monday mornings and do really well all week...it's a vicious cycle.

But I finally had enough these past 2 weeks and decided to do great everyday, one day at a time, reminding myself that I weigh in every Monday! That apparently seems to help cause I get really bummed out if the scale goes up instead of down. So I have put a ton of effort and have lots 4 lbs in these past 3 weeks :) Now I am hoping for at least another 8-10 lbs before we go back stateside in a month for deployment issues.

I tried different workouts, I love zumba so I do that 3 times a week. It is my "me" time :) I tried p90x but found that it was really hard to workout to that all week, just did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Now I am trying out turbo fire and I love it! So I am going to stick with that :) hope you find something that works for you!

oh I am waiting on my brazilian butt lift workouts...have you tried that? its supposed to be able to tone your bottom half :) good luck!
  • lizlee8
    lizlee8 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I :heart: this

Also thanks a lot to all you guys who posted. Good to know I'm not alone. :flowerforyou:
    So today is Friday :P here we go. Got my dinner planned for tonight and planning to do 30 day shred l1 and l2 (hopefully!). Going to dig out the knitting so that my fingers are occupied while watching tv at night. Also new Health and Fitness (UK) mag is out so will be purchasing that and getting some more distraction as well as advice and fitness examples.
    Should be a good weekend - weigh in on Monday :S Also running a 10k for the British Heart Foundation on Sunday so should burn a good 500kcal doing that, just need to stick to the healthy eating.

Will let y'all know how I get on and good luck with your weekend too ;) we CAN do this! :bigsmile:
    x