Soaking in the tub = weight gain?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with this. Do you notice a amigue weight gain after soaking in The tub for a long period of time (like an hour plus)? I'm just curious, I'm not worried about mine.

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I can't say that I've ever weighed after a soak. :flowerforyou:
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Omg I always wonder about that too! Because after a bath your body always seems puffier...maybe because your pores open and absorb the water. Others might say that your pores open and purge toxins though. No idea regarding this but I always tend to NOT weigh myself after a hot shower or bath...interesting
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    People should stop worrying about water weight ... What you want to lose is fat, not water :-)
    Even if you gain 2-3 pounds of water, it doesn't really mater. As long as you're body fat % goes down you're fine.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    You're skin soaks up water . . . and becomes wrinkly.
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    so I'm kind of a geek and like to see what silly effects things have on my body, and I did weight myself before and after a bath for curiosities sake. I had the opposite experience, I weighed slightly LESS after my bath. I was surprised by this, so tried it several other times with the same result.
    I soak in a VERY hot bath for over an hour (sometimes 2 LOL)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    What the heck is an "amigue?"
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would think very hot would make u sweat and lose.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Hm, I always thought the water was drawing moisture out from your body, hence the wrinkly quality to one's skin after a soak. Hm, dunno.
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    o.k. - so I am a geek too, and yes, have weighed myself before & after an epsom salt bath, and I weighed LESS after a nice soak. So, I consider soaking a reward at the end of a tough day, and then get rewarded too. Just IMHO, of course.
    L( J
  • erinrose07
    Options
    Sweet. I'm going to take a hot bath before weighing in tonight, haha, just kidding
    .....kind of...
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    o.k. - so I am a geek too, and yes, have weighed myself before & after an epsom salt bath, and I weighed LESS after a nice soak. So, I consider soaking a reward at the end of a tough day, and then get rewarded too. Just IMHO, of course.
    L( J

When I had to make weight for a contest, I would often take a hot epsom salt bath the night before.
  • Expatgirl
    Expatgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    After a shower I weigh 2 lbs MORE. I think it is the water in my hair.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    *goes immediately to run a bath, weigh, soak in said bath for an hour at least and then reweigh. All in the name of science of course!
    :laugh:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    People should stop worrying about water weight ... What you want to lose is fat, not water :-)
    Even if you gain 2-3 pounds of water, it doesn't really mater. As long as you're body fat % goes down you're fine.

I would just love to have a tub to soak in !!!