Starvation mode?

Options
Hi guys
Have lost 25 lbs and still need to lose 53.
I'm stuck on 193lbs for four whole days.
Eating small amounts three times a day, drinking at least 1.5L water.
I'm on the attack phase of Dukan, so mostly protein.
Yesterday typical. 2L water, oat bran, low-fat yoghurt, lean ham, crabsticks, monkfish, diet tonic, black coffee.
Am I in starvation mode?
If so, apart from the obvious 'eat more', any advice would be most gratefully received.
Cheers
Mildly despondent Steve

Replies

• JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Keep at it but don't weigh yourself for a couple of days. You will lose if you continue on your path. Try to make sure you eat all your calories. Good luck and great job!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think 4 days is too short a perido to judge on.

I'm not too familiar with Dukan - how long should this phase last?
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I don't know what mode you're in. Your diary is closed but from what I have seen with others you need to make sure that you are eating all your calories. When I started eating more, that includes my exercise calories I started losing more. Just a thought, best of luck too you!
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    You being a male, I would say you are eating too little calories in your day. Sorry to say this, but i have heard the Dukan isn't all it's cracked up to be. Your body could be in a plateau, instead of 'starvation mode' and maybe to shake it up a bit, eat more.

It's a pity we can't see your diary to assess how many cals you are undereating.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Why do people continue to ask for nutrition help but don't make thier diary viewable.
    We can't help until we can see it. Nutrition is 70-80% of your results.

It's like asking is my biceps huge and we can't see a picture. Help us help you.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I don't think 4 days with no loss is much to go on. If you are eating enough calories to properly nourish yourself & you are exercising regularly, and overall you know you are "on track", then just keep going. Some weeks you lose. Some weeks you may actually gain. Then back down again. If you have a slip, just keep on going. The people who succeed are not the ones who are perfect, but the ones who just stick with it when it gets hard or when it seems it's not working. Just keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • Wattswife
    Wattswife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the cruise phase of Dukan. Crab Sticks will stall you as will too much diet coke so watch out for those - yoghurts should also be 0% fat. Mullers used to be ok but are now not ok as they have changed the recipe (apparently!) 4 days is not really enough time to tell. if you still havent shifted anything after going into cruise (which you must be about to do as five days is the max you can do on attack) . You could also not be eating enough (the problem I have had) So make sure you accurately record everything you are eating :)
  • FrayedKnot
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice and support.
    I'm probably not eating enough or exercising enough.
    I've been on the attack phase since the 19th Sept, so that's too long, but I want to lose weight fast!
    (Er, probably too fast).
    Will read up on the links too.
    Good point re not showing my nutrition facts, not sure how to do that.
    Will sort that now.
    Cheers
    Less despondent Steve
  • FrayedKnot
    Options
    Found it!
    Diary viewable.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    OMG you are starving yourself, WHY?????????
  • Wattswife
    Wattswife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have been on Attack for far too long. that is probably why you have stalled. Dukan stipulates five days MAX for attack phase. You need to read the book and follow it. Good luck :)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Found it!
    Diary viewable.

For cryIng out loud. EAT!!!!!!

You are not eating enough at all.

:noway:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I agree, that looks like far too little for a male.
  • FrayedKnot
    Options
    OK, I get the message...
    Just wanted to lose it fast.
  • FrayedKnot
    Options

Thanks for the two topics, very useful! :o)