Am I getting to skinny

Options
291902_2544787100030_1264329884_32959273_2129290549_n-1.jpg
I hope the photo works...I took the new one today. some people say I am looking sick. For my BMI and large frame I just got into the upper healthy BMI. I really would like to be in the middle and that is like 130-125. The lowest is 108 and I know I don't want to be that small.I do want to look healthy ....I feel great...please tell me the truth
Thanks

Replies

• Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Change the IMG to a lowercase img on your link. Even copy and pasting it we cant see it.
  • belbel79
    Options
    if its your profile pic that is current then i think no you don't look sick or too skinny. I think you look good! not sure about losing more weight, I think it has to be a personal choice and what you think/feel.
  • malloriewebb
    Options
    What does your DR think? Have you had basic bloodwork done lately? BMI is such BS these days. I get a check up every six months. Bloodwork and some other stuff. Luckily our GP is also a friend. I have heart disease serious in my family so I like to be checked.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think that people are just used to seeing you bigger and this a big change. You look great! As my Mum once said to me, people will tell you if they think you look to skinny but not too big, if you like your weight, or even want to go down to 130-125 do what feels good to you.
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing. I think that people may be so use to seeing you the 'old' way, that this new, slim, beautiful you is a bit of a shock for them. If you are in a healthy weight range, then I would say NO, you are not too skinny!

Are you looking 'hollow' in your face? Is your collar bone protuding too much? Ribs showing? Hip bones jutting out? I don't think so.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I remember reading your amazing story! I think as long as your happy and healthy it's nobody else's business, we are adults and know if we are healthy...I have a MFP who says opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has oneI personally think you look amazing....it's not usually concern, it's jealousy or boredom that make people say these things...Rock on girl! 
  • rdvincent
    Options
    please do not take this wrong, I too am 47, my thought is that when we are more "mature" we should stay at the higher end of the BMI, we look better there, you look fantastic now, but if you went down to the lower end of your BMI I think you would look to skinny, great job on your weight loss!!
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
  • Southernsister
    Options
    Yes I couldn't get it to load right,but the lace shirt is me yesterday..Thanks
  • Southernsister
    Options
    He says im healthy and all is great. Im 5'4 so what should I weigh?
  • Southernsister
    Options
    Naw I still got meat lol
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic!!! Follow your doctors advice! He/she is the only one that can advise you correctly.
  • awil85
    awil85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think you look absolutely Beautiful. Not Too skinny. Its just the people who are saying you look sick have seen you through all of your changes. Just tell them to be happy that you are healthy!!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I think you look absolutely Beautiful. Not Too skinny. Its just the people who are saying you look sick have seen you through all of your changes. Just tell them to be happy that you are healthy!!!!

Could be jealousy too.
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    In my experience, when your friends say 'don't get any skinnier' what they really mean is 'don't get skinnier THAN ME'.

You look great and evidence suggests that if you get to your actual goal you are more likely to stay there.

Good luck

Di x
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    you dont look sick, you look great! people just need to get to the thinner you
  • stritte14
    stritte14 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic & very healthy. Like others have said, it is likely just that it is such a difference. People often have a hard time wrapping their heads around drastic changes. Keep up the good work!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I think you look GREAT. I do see a lot of people on here that I, personally, think are too thin. But, you, you look great.
  • Kushgetti
    Kushgetti Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ur profile pic looks fine
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!