I try to be environmentally safe...BUT...

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
I have NO problem drinking water ....a TON of water all day long when its bottled water, but when I have to drink it out of a glass, I might have 1 or 2 glasses.

Im trying to be "environmentally safe" , but if I want to lose weight, its gotta be out of a Poland Spring bottle..

Sorry everyone:tongue:

Replies

• nikii14
    Options
    I have NO problem drinking water ....a TON of water all day long when its bottled water, but when I have to drink it out of a glass, I might have 1 or 2 glasses.

Im trying to be "environmentally safe" , but if I want to lose weight, its gotta be out of a Poland Spring bottle..

Sorry everyone:tongue:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    have you tried a Brita Water Filter?
  • hulfordca
    Options
    I hear what your saying. I'm the same way. However, I'm also cheap. So I used to refill the poland springs bottles. But they say this is not good because of some chemical that they think may be leaching into the water...blah blah blah. Now I have a Camel Back with sippy tip. Now, I'm environmentally friendly. I just keep filling up my "sippy" Camel Back bottle and take it every where I go. It works out great!!
  • CristaAmy
    CristaAmy Posts: 67
    Options
    Did you know that a lot of your bottled water is really just tap water that has gone through filtration systems? Unless you are drinking spring water, you are drinking tap water.

Just a thought for you to ponder.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I refill the same bottle each day so that I drink my water but only use 1 bottle each day.
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Where I live, the water tastes awful! We are on a community well and the chemicals added to it are at the very top of the acceptable levels.
    I have a couple of Brita Filters, one for me and one for the animals, and I swear by them. It takes all the nasty chemical taste out of the water, and it is definitely better for the environment (and your pocketbook) than buying bottled water.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'm a total addict to Fiji water:love::love: :love: :love: , I do send the bottles to recycling though!
  • nikii14
    Options
    Oh yea.....I reuse the same bottle most of the day and fill it with tap water...so I guess Im being a little environmentally friendly:tongue:
    I heard all about the plastic/cancer scare and honestly, Im not too worried about it.

I just can't figure out why I can't drink the same amount out of a glass or a "travel cup"

WEIRD!!!!:laugh:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I refill the same bottle each day so that I drink my water but only use 1 bottle each day.

Please don't flame me for this but that really is not safe. Those lovely plastic chemicals can leach into your water when you reuse any container not desigend to be reused.

I used to be in your boat and now I have a big brita thing in our frigde and I found an aluminum water bottle at Old Navy for $7.50....I swear water tastes so much better out of it than it does anything plastic. I can't drink anything out of plastic now, not even a cup at home, it has to be glass or aluminum.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Oh yea.....I reuse the same bottle most of the day and fill it with tap water...so I guess Im being a little environmentally friendly:tongue:
    I heard all about the plastic/cancer scare and honestly, Im not too worried about it.

I just can't figure out why I can't drink the same amount out of a glass or a "travel cup"

WEIRD!!!!:laugh:

It's not just cancer. There are studies right now trying to find out if these kinds of things may be behind the huge numbers of autism and ADHD cases in the US. We have grossly more than our fair share of those issues here in the US and things like single use containers happen to be something we also have more than our fair share of.

I don't want to sound like an alarmist but I work with tons of babies and I have four kids, one of whom is suspected to fall on the spectrum and is currently being evaluated. I never want another parent to have to think back...could it have been the bottled water, could it have been the preservatives in this or that.

I know it's not vaccines, because she was not vaccinated, we delayed and though we have now started them, she had symtoms long before. Sorry, I don't mean to get off topic or start any kind of debate but I think a lot of people feel the way I do about cancer, EVERYTHING can cause it, but the plastics thing, it's not just cancer to be concerned about and it's not like it's hard to avoid. It's a pretty easy fix, get a good reusable.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I find that drinking out of bottles helps the water go down faster too - and I can't drink as much out of a glass to save my life either... it's not the taste, it's the way the water goes down... look for some environmentally friendly refillable bottles - I have a couple Sigg bottles that get REALLY cold when I put them in the fridge.