Okay, this is really off topic...

Options
Okay my friends, this is really far off the topic, but we finally found the horse for my wife! She is a beautiful palomino coloured registered quarter horse mare. She is BEAUTIFUL! Best of all after a very very very long search, and many disappointments, when Donna got on to ride her, it was like they had been made for each other! If you want to see pictures, they are on my profile. Just wanted to share that with you all. Hope you are doing well this weekend.
Cowboy

Replies

• Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Okay my friends, this is really far off the topic, but we finally found the horse for my wife! She is a beautiful palomino coloured registered quarter horse mare. She is BEAUTIFUL! Best of all after a very very very long search, and many disappointments, when Donna got on to ride her, it was like they had been made for each other! If you want to see pictures, they are on my profile. Just wanted to share that with you all. Hope you are doing well this weekend.
    Cowboy
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Beautiful horse.... Enjoy:smile:
  • Catherinex
    Options
    She must be so excited!! Thats great, congrats on finding her.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Beautiful
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous!
    I used to show palominos and quarter horses and go to rodeos with my paint stud.
    I love horses so much. I can't wait until I finish school and can have time to ride again.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!
  • brendab
    brendab Posts: 78
    Options
    What a beauty.... !!! I know your wife is proud!
    Best of luck,
    Bren:drinker:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Man, I love quarter horses and this one's a beaut. How many hands?

When I was younger I used to volunteer to muck out stables at nearby farms just to be near horses.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is terrific Cowboy. Glad you found one for her. I hope you have many nice rides togethor.:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is terrific Cowboy. Glad you found Donna a horse. I hope you have many nice rides togethor.:happy:

She is very pretty:smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Congrats Cowboy and Donna.
    She is beautiful.
    Enjoy:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That is soo cool!! It can be tough to find the right horse sometimes!! Congrats - beautiful choice!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    So happy Sissy found you and Donna!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Very cool.....I used to ride alot as a kid - now I just kind of hang on and go ( see pic ). The only riding I get to do now is when I visit my sister in Ireland. She is Administrator of a large equestrian center there. Luckily they have very kind and forgiving horses:tongue:
  • Cowboy
    Options
    Man, I love quarter horses and this one's a beaut. How many hands?

When I was younger I used to volunteer to muck out stables at nearby farms just to be near horses.

She's 15.2
    I know exactly what you mean. I can never get enough of horses. I remember my dad taking me up to a place in Eastern Washington State called "Horse Heaven Hills" when I was a tiny kid, and I remember how the ground shook and rumbled as the wild horses came over the sagebrush hills. I was awestruck. I've never gotten over the feeling of absolute love for these animals.
    Donna has not ridden long, but she is a natural at it. The woman who sold us the horse could not believe that she had only had eight lessons. She just took to it like a duck to water. Thanks for the comment....all I needed was one more stall to muck out! :bigsmile:
  • Cowboy
    Options
    That is soo cool!! It can be tough to find the right horse sometimes!! Congrats - beautiful choice!

You're so right! It took us several months to find the right one...but boy, when it's right it's right!
    Cowboy