My personal NSV

Options
So...I have been watching my calories for 3 weeks and this week I started a pretty intense workout. I weighed this morning and it says I have gained 2 lbs. My initial reaction was defeat. My shoulders slumped and I wanted to crawl back into bed. But as I stepped off the scale, my legs ached. And I reminded myself of all the articles I have read..."gaining weight after starting a workout" and "retaining water after starting a workout program" and "Allowing muscles to adjust after a new program is started" . I went and poured myself some coffee, shook off the bummed attitude and marked on my calendar for three weeks from now. I will weigh again then. I am going to give my body time to adjust to my new workout.

So my NSV today was to not let the scale determine my mood. Yes, I want to see the scale drop (I am 190 and 5'2"), but eventually it will. I did not throw in the towel. And I will do my workout again today and track all my calories. Because this time....this time will be the last time I start a lifestyle change. This time, it will stay a lifestyle change.

Happy Friday everyone!

Replies

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    good for you. My scale isn't moving and I have lost some battles with candy corn this week, but I will go on with this.don't give up
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Trust MFP more than your scale... if you are writing it all down in your diary and you eat what MFP says, you will lose weight... guaranteed XD

theres a lot of factors that can make your weight fluctuate, that doesnt mean you are not losing weight.
    - weight always just after you wake up, after bathroom, before eating
    - wear always the same clothes
    and you will get some more accuracy

:flowerforyou:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!!! Very refreshing!!! Keep up the great work! You'll get there!
  • sorryteacups
    Options
    Remember that your weight fluctuates just because sometimes. Don't let it get you down! A lot of times my weight will stall and then the weight drops. It could be that as well! I think waiting to weigh in another three weeks is a great idea and I am glad you didn't let the scale get to you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!