Free Cookie w/any Large Size Meal

Options
My morning Breakfast Oatmeal at McDonald's I spotted that message on there Reader Board...

FREE COOKIE
w/any Large Size Meal

Let me figure this up: Big Mac 540, Lg Fries 500, Lg Sweet Tea 300, Refill On Sweet Tea as I Leave 300, Ops Don't let me to forget the FREE Cookie I'll have Chocolate Chip 160. Total Calores 1800! Recommended Daily Amout for One is 2000 calories....Why do I post this mess to make you THINK!

Make the Right Choices is all you can do!

Replies

• calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Its terrible people dont think how many cals you are eating from that place! I used to love a big mac every now & then. Now I know it would make me SO sick!!
  • bigstackted
    Options
    This is a great point. It is also why myfitnesspal helps keep me on the right track. I've been in good shape before and plan to get back there. I let myself go for several years after getting married, having a child, getting involved in my career...all excuses. myfitnesspal makes me stay comitted to making good choices on a regular, daily basis. Knowing the calories in your food makes you think differently about the choices you make.
    Nice reminder post.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    My mind is still blown they have oatmeal.

I need to get out more.
  • BabyBubbles31
    Options
    Holy Cow that is nuts... now that you broke that down it is crazy that i ate that many calories sometimes just at one sitting with the kids. I have made it a goal not to eat fast food at all with the exception of Subway which is good most of the time. lol. Thanks for the info :)
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I so agree. The other thing they do that bugs me is they charge you more for a plain single cheeseburger, one burger and one piece of cheese, $1.20, than they do for a mcdouble, two burgers and one piece of cheese $1.00. Then they say it isn't there fault if people gain weight eating at their restaurants. Of course you can choose what you want but the average person is going to go with something that costs less. They don't realize at the time the smaller version costs less in the long run. Most restraunts could care the less about our health therefore we have to do all the caring.
  • itsjustme77
    Options
    Things like this make me glad that I am allergic to pretty much all fast food.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Forgot ketchup! I use a lot! :)
  • Splinkysgirl2
    Options
    Wow! Isn't it amazing how they can just sucker us in if we are not paying attention? And we act like we are shocked that as a nation we are obese. SMH. :indifferent:
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I don't know why people other going into places like that...It's disgusting, unhealthy food...Just the smell alone from fast food crap makes me throw up in my mouth!
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness MickeyDs makes me sick! Last year I got into that Monopoly thing drinking the smoothies and drinks, and eating the grilled chicken and chicken nuggets. It made me throw up many times. But I do still have a thing for their breakfast. I don't eat there except on long trips or vacays. You should watch that movie "SuperSize Me". I worked at a summer camp for sports medicine and we showed that video. OMGness, it's disgusting what you'll learn about fast food places!!!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I could have easily eaten all that in high school... and then had dinner later. Hmm, things change a lot!
  • howmyworldruns
    Options
    I never used to pay attention to what I ate, now I can't even imagine eating that.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even trust their oatmeal honestly....

My sister got their oatmeal once and the package of apples, decided to save the apples for later and then forgot about them. They were in her car for THREE DAYS in 80degree temps and they still LOOKED FRESH!

Now, I'm no scientist...but if you leave normal apple slices out for 3 days in that kind of heat, they'd be brown and mushy...NOT THESE....
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I saw one of their commericals. Buy one McRib Extra value meal get an ADDITIONAL McRib for $1.00. I dont know if they do this everywhere, but here they offer a different breakfast sandwich combo meal each month with TWO sandwiches for the regular price. I have a soft spot for McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. At 420 calories per sandwich they are a rare treat. I am resposible for what goes in my body. I have the choice to eat there or not. But there is a part of my brain that says "why WOULDN'T I get a FREE sandwich?" Then I slap myself.
  • NB_Eric
    NB_Eric Posts: 61
    Options
    I remember a few years ago ( before I swore off Mcdonalds ) I would go in and get the following meal. I had to stop going because one day I ate there and got horribly sick with food poisoning and have been there since.

Typical Meal

1. Dbl Quater Pounder with Cheese
    2. Large fry
    3. Large Diet Pop ( just prefer the taste )
    4. Extra packs of McChicken sauce to dip the fries in

I just checked it on their site, a whopping 1700 calories! 102 grams of fat and 118 grams of carbs

My god I'm happy I survived it and that I'm changing my eating habits. You just never stop to think because it tastes so good when your eating it.
  • wulfgyr
    Options
    I'm not a McDonald's fan but my kids love it so we usually get it once a week for them. When I have to eat at the house of clown I just get a hamburger and a side salad with the Newman's Low Fat Balsamic. 330 calories. But yeah... most of their menu is pure poison to a diet.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Supersize Me! NOT! No wonder the obesity rate is up.
  • My mind is still blown they have oatmeal.

I need to get out more.

LOL....yes, haven't you heard....McDonald's is now a "healthy choice" for fast food.....ummmm.....I'm thinking not!!
  • NB_Eric
    NB_Eric Posts: 61
    Options
    I saw one of their commericals. Buy one McRib Extra value meal get an ADDITIONAL McRib for $1.00. I dont know if they do this everywhere, but here they offer a different breakfast sandwich combo meal each month with TWO sandwiches for the regular price. I have a soft spot for McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. At 420 calories per sandwich they are a rare treat. I am resposible for what goes in my body. I have the choice to eat there or not. But there is a part of my brain that says "why WOULDN'T I get a FREE sandwich?" Then I slap myself.

It's funny you mention this and it shows the power of advertising, my first experience with this was when I was a kid and the Flintstones movie came out. The McRib was marketed as the "Bronto-Burger" and to this day I still remember vividly going to McDs and getting that meal and loving it so much.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even trust their oatmeal honestly....

My sister got their oatmeal once and the package of apples, decided to save the apples for later and then forgot about them. They were in her car for THREE DAYS in 80degree temps and they still LOOKED FRESH!

Now, I'm no scientist...but if you leave normal apple slices out for 3 days in that kind of heat, they'd be brown and mushy...NOT THESE....

WHAT THE WHAT?!