Free Cookie w/any Large Size Meal

Options
2»

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Not surprising. If you eat at M once in a blue moon, it's a bonus. If you eat there for a good percentage of your calories, your going to get fatter. j/k
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I saw one of their commericals. Buy one McRib Extra value meal get an ADDITIONAL McRib for $1.00. I dont know if they do this everywhere, but here they offer a different breakfast sandwich combo meal each month with TWO sandwiches for the regular price. I have a soft spot for McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. At 420 calories per sandwich they are a rare treat. I am resposible for what goes in my body. I have the choice to eat there or not. But there is a part of my brain that says "why WOULDN'T I get a FREE sandwich?" Then I slap myself.

It's funny you mention this and it shows the power of advertising, my first experience with this was when I was a kid and the Flintstones movie came out. The McRib was marketed as the "Bronto-Burger" and to this day I still remember vividly going to McDs and getting that meal and loving it so much.

I LOVE McRibs too, but no more. I haven't eaten ANY fast food for the month of October and I honestly do not miss it.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I remember when the Quad Stacker first came out at BURGER KING. If you got the large value meal with that you got a cookie also. I don't even want to think about how many calories I got up too on that one. EWWWW..... I was really bad back then though. My metabolism was a lot faster, but I was still on the heavy side. I'd order like 4 doubles and a small fries from McDonalds... why did i even fathom that i needed that much food? Disgusting.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Based on calories alone it's a poor choice, now throw in the nutritional value...it's a disaster! Tons of fat and salt and sugar....fast food is crap any way you look at it.
  • Gio2369
    Gio2369 Posts: 82
    Options
    just dont eat the cookie :)
  • Gio2369
    Gio2369 Posts: 82
    Options
  • sherry_ann_mt
    sherry_ann_mt Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My mind is still blown they have oatmeal.

I need to get out more.

I found it weird that they have oatmeal....there oatmeal is 290cals.....my worst quakers instant flavor is 160.....guess I will cont to avoid the gross arches......
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh and I also looked at this post because I thought i might get a free cookie...busted.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My mind is still blown they have oatmeal.

I need to get out more.

My mind is always blown that people go to McD to get the same oatmeal they can get at the grocery store for 50 cents and cook in the microwave in a couple of min.
  • LosingIt2WIN
    LosingIt2WIN Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!!! I thought McDonald's was getting the message ... at least somewhat.
  • vballscriscuolo
    vballscriscuolo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever seent he movie Super Size Me?

Because this is what it's about....fast food and the negative effects it can have on the body if eaten on a regular basis. I'm no saint for sure. I enjoy my "Ronnies Steak House" as my family and I call it (haha), but in moderation, like a 4 piece nugget and small fry, which trust me I know still isn't great.

It is shocking though that fast food has so many calories in it...I'd probably keel over and die if I ate that much haha!

I highly suggest the movei Super Size Me....it's a documentary of a man who eats McDonalds 3 times a day for I believe a month straight, which, although extreme, is a good example of the damage it can do to your body if not monitored. Part of it is also, he had to eat every single item from the menu at least once and if they asked him to super size it he had to say yes AND finish the entire thing.....even if it made him sick.

It's a partly disturbing documentary but I loved it and have watched it many many times. Also Food Inc. is another great food documentary for anyone interested :happy:
  • I have to admit....I'm hooked on their Egg McMuffins....I work 5 days a week, but only have to commute to the office 2 days a week (work from my home office the other three days). I usually hit the McD drive through for an Egg McMuffin and a bottled water on days I commute. 300 calories, and the sodium isn't even all that horrible. But I have to be disciplined when they try to hook me into getting the "meal', which comes with a hash brown for only a few cents more. NO THANK YOU!!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Love It....
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I remember a few years ago ( before I swore off Mcdonalds ) I would go in and get the following meal. I had to stop going because one day I ate there and got horribly sick with food poisoning and have been there since.

Typical Meal

1. Dbl Quater Pounder with Cheese
    2. Large fry
    3. Large Diet Pop ( just prefer the taste )
    4. Extra packs of McChicken sauce to dip the fries in

I just checked it on their site, a whopping 1700 calories! 102 grams of fat and 118 grams of carbs

My god I'm happy I survived it and that I'm changing my eating habits. You just never stop to think because it tastes so good when your eating it.

That would be the MSG and HFC ...and not only do they make everything taste better....they are also addictive,...I quit eating fast food two years ago and I can't tell you how much better I feel, I still get cravings every once in awhile but realize it will take me less effort to deny myself one time then to give in and then crave it again and again...and when you break it down to the nutritional value it really isn't worth the calories and poison that go along with it. My body and health are worth more than that...
  • may5220
    may5220 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to them in the mornings for my coffee and oatmeal and saved myself a few calories. McDonald's feeds into the weight issue it is sad.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My son and I if we go there get a Happy Meal hamburger with apples. I get diet soda and he gets milk. I toss the bun on the burger and eat the apples. He eats the apples and the milk and probably about 1/2 of the bun and the whole burger. That's not terrible and once in a while isn't going to kill us.

I also toss the caramel sauce that comes with the apples. My son is almost 4 and I gave it to him once. He played in it instead of eating it. He had caramel in his hair and all over himself. Took 3 shampoos to get it all out.
  • aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I saw one of their commericals. Buy one McRib Extra value meal get an ADDITIONAL McRib for $1.00. I dont know if they do this everywhere, but here they offer a different breakfast sandwich combo meal each month with TWO sandwiches for the regular price. I have a soft spot for McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits. At 420 calories per sandwich they are a rare treat. I am resposible for what goes in my body. I have the choice to eat there or not. But there is a part of my brain that says "why WOULDN'T I get a FREE sandwich?" Then I slap myself.

The McRib has to be the most disgusting looking thing. Never understood the fascination with it. What is the McRib actually made with?
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Jose Bove & Farmers Attack McDonald's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRA3LThzwps

people should be doing this all over the world ;-)