I bought Green tea...

Options
Hey!

I bought Green tea because I heard its great for your metabolism so was just wondering if anyone else has also tried this and noticed a difference?

Let me know :) xxx

Replies

• Yary2931
    Yary2931 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will be interested in learning about this as well. I bought some too a couple of weeks ago, however had not started drinking it yet. I figured once it gets colder outside, then it will be a better idea. lol
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump intresting
  • Karrieif
    Karrieif Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Green Tea for about 5 years now. And sorry no difference in my metabolism but I believe it is healthier for you - less caffeine
  • sneauxwbunny92
    Options
    Just be careful sometimes to much tea can mess with your hormones, from all the herbs and such!
    but if I remember correctly it dose help.
  • sneauxwbunny92
    Options
    Just be careful sometimes to much tea can mess with your hormones, from all the herbs and such!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I talk green tea extract, but green tea is very good for you, especially if you have rheumatoid arthritis and osetoathritis.
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am following a plan where you are supposed to drink it with every meal because of its fat burning properties...... I have lost weight but thats obviously due to the diet as well. To be honest I had to back off it, I now just have it every now and again because I found it made me constipated..... and this didnt help on the scale........ thats just my own personal experience anyway but a lot pf people following my plan report the same problems. Im on the 17 day diet....

Give it a try though.....:0)

Emma xx
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    All I drink now is green tea and water mixed. I take three tea bags & put them in a hug pot and bring it to a boil on the stove. When it comes to a boil I turn it off & remove it from the burner & let it cool. Once it cools I put it into a gallon jug & fill it the rest of the way with water. I have been doing this since march & I think it defiantly helps.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
  • Jacksheadache
    Jacksheadache Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Green Tea and Weight

Green tea and its extract have been shown to fight obesity and lower LDL "bad" cholesterol -- two risk factors for heart disease and diabetes -- but in very limited studies. One study in the Netherlands and a study in Japan showed that green tea did both.

In the Dutch study, participants who drank caffeinated green tea lost more weight, but even those who typically drank the decaf variety saw a decrease in their waistlines and body weight. Researchers speculated that the caffeine helps with fat oxidation.

In the Japanese study, 240 men and women were given varying amounts of green tea extract for three months. Those who got the highest amount lost fat and weight and had lower blood pressure and lower LDL "bad" cholesterol.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/health-benefits-of-green-tea?page=2
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping it makes a difference then since I just tried some and it's disgusting! :(
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Here's hoping it makes a difference then since I just tried some and it's disgusting! :(
    You could also slice some fruit or citrus rinds. It'd help with the taste if you're really determined to start drinking it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Green tea is made from tea leaves, not herbs. You're thinking of herbal tea, perhaps.
    I believe it is healthier for you - less caffeine
    Nothing wrong with caffeine.
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Green tea is mostly what I drink. I can't drink black 'Orange Pekoe' anymore as it's hard on my stomach. Green tea is supposed to have anti0xidants in it, but I just like the taste. I used to drink Japanese tea, but try not to now ( nuclear fallout ), and you will find most green tea comes from China anyway. There are many, many different kinds ranging in colour from green to almost black. Some of them are really expensvie.
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    To be honest I had to back off it, I now just have it every now and again because I found it made me constipated..... and this didnt help on the scale........

You know, now that you mentioned it, that might be my problem! I started drinking diet green tea a few months ago as soon as I'm done walking/jogging and it helped to ward off my desire for a Vanilla Coke Zero in the afternoon. About the same time, I cut back on my morning coffee intake as well. I had noticed that I was much more constipated, but had not ever really put the two together since additional stress and my routines at home changed. I think I'll lay off the Green Tea for awhile and see if that helps. Hhmmmm.... something to think about.