Cottage Cheese?

Options
Hi!

So I recently bought a huge tub of fat free cottage cheese because I had seen a ton of websites saying how good it was for you. High in protein, no fat, not a terribly high number of calories, etc. The only problem is that I'm not exactly crazy about eating it plain.

SO, here's my question....what do you eat with your cottage cheese? I'm looking for more easy snack/meal ideas than recipes. THANKS!

Replies

• darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There are a few threads on this that Search will reveal. You'll find a lot of posts saying pepper or fruit.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a lot of recipes which use it.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I eat low fat cottage cheese, the fat free taste kinda yucky to me. But I like mine with any kind of jam or preserves, and sometimes I throw in some granola, I also will have some fruit cut up in it too.
  • rockytu
    rockytu Posts: 18
    Options
    fruit
  • sgibney78
    Options
    Diced tomato and cucumbers with a sprinkle of garlic salt. I also bake turkey bacon and add two crumbled up strips to ½ cup cottage cheese.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Black pepper!
  • sms1986
    sms1986 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago but didn't like the taste, but I tried it again today on wholegrain melba toast and I found it to be delicious.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I put fat free cottage cheese on my salads. it's yum. Also, with fruit it's good.

But beware, it has a lot of sodium in it.
  • Jacksheadache
    Jacksheadache Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat it right out of the tub. Sometimes I add pepper.
  • kenzysmom
    Options
    I don't like the fat free kind but I get the low fat and eat it with pineapple chunks! YUMMMMMY!!!!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It goes great with canned tuna (side by side -- don't have to mush it together) or with whole wheat noodles (mush it together with some ketchup). Not sure where you live, but if in the US, try Friendship's 1% Whipped CC. It's by far the best.
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love it for breakfast or a snack with some peaches in it
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese! I like it on whole wheat toast, or with fruit like pineapple or peaches or anything you like, you can drizzle a little honey and sprinkle a few chopped nuts or a little granola.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    blueberries
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Add protein powders, different fruits, be creative research a few recipes on google that use low fat cottage cheese you'll be sure to find something you like.
  • DerpdyHerp
    Options
    2% with hot sauce and pepper is delicious.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    The difference between no fat and the 2% low fat is night and day with taste and very minimal with fat grams I think a half cup of the 2% is 1.5 fat grams, you should try that one next time.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    add some spicy salsa to it and spread onto ryvita crackers
  • LovahLaura
    Options
    I eat low fat cottage cheese, the fat free taste kinda yucky to me. But I like mine with any kind of jam or preserves, and sometimes I throw in some granola, I also will have some fruit cut up in it too.

I agree, fat free tastes gross. Low-fat tastes much better. I eat it plain! I put blueberries, strawberries or peaches in it. Sometimes all three! Blueberries are the best though.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've heard people suggest mixing their protein supplement in cottage cheese. I've yet to try that, but it sounds do-able.