middle aged friends?

Hi, I'm 55 years old and trying to lose weight and it does get harder as we get older. So far I have lost 12lbs - since June, 4lbs since joining mfp. Two of my 4 daughters are doing this too with me so it is great to have their support. By the way, i live in the Shetland Islands to the north of Scotland so that might be of some interest to someone out there. Anyone in my age group like to be a friend? Please get in touch

Replies

• Indy_Mario
    Indy_Mario Posts: 532 Member
    I read middle aged and thought you were talking about my age group...
    Regardless, feel free to add me if you're interested. I try to be encouraging and positive.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Hi. I guess I'm fitting into that group about now (47). I developed a "middle age spread" about 3 years ago and have been struggling ever since to lose it. I've had a nice loss (24lbs) but it didnt really start taking off until I joined here. There's just so mauch to help us out, it's great. I'd like to be your friend so I sent you an invite. Welcome to MFP and Good Luck!
  • jcposton
    jcposton Posts: 23 Member
    Hi, I guess I'm right there with you at age 49. Also have the middle age spread going on. I would like to be friends as well, sure could use the motivation. I have found losing weight is harder the older we get. I have a daughter that has lost about 90 +/- lbs who is trying to keep me (or I should say get me motivated to work harder). She and I just finished the 30 day shred (boy was that hard for someone like me who is way out of shape). Look forward to hearing from you, if you would like me as a friend . Good luck!
  • melbasc
    melbasc Posts: 32 Member
    Yep...49 here and finding that it IS harder now than ever before to drop the weight! Feel free to add me as a friend! I need help, support, advice and laughter!!