New here........

Options
I am new here. I am on a pretty tough road.......I have 63 pounds I want to lose. I used to weigh 115 when I was 18. Now, I realize I will never quite have the same body I had at 18. But I am short, only 5'2 1/2 '' and I currently weigh (gulp) 183. I want to get down to 120 pounds which I feel is a reasonable and ideal weight for myself, given my height.

Ever since I moved in with my now-husband when I was 18, I have been eating whatever I wanted, not really exercising, and it has just all slowly been building up on me over the years. The last 5 years in particular have been the worst because I went from having an on-my-feet-all-day job to having a desk job where I have to sit for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I just had my first child last June, and even before I got pregnant, I was overweight (174). I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth pretty much right away and stayed there until 3 months ago when I stopped breastfeeding. I gained 10 pounds that month.

I have had enough, my daughter is now walking and I am too tired to keep up with her most of the time. Four weeks ago I joined FitZone for Women and I have been getting back into the grind of working out, twice a week, taking it a little easy. But now, I plan to kick it into a higher gear. I've lost about 5 pounds in those 4 weeks, and now, I'm in this for good!

I am enjoying myself, I just discovered the fun of Zumba (my gym offers free classes). I love dancing now and I can't wait to see the weight drop more so that I can feel more agile while I am doing dance moves.

I would love to have some support buddies here who can scold me or cheer me on, as appropriate, though I think I've finally (after many failed attempts) gotten to a point mentally where I can actually motivate myself and stop using excuses all the time.

Replies

• marajade1023
    marajade1023 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new here. I am on a pretty tough road.......I have 63 pounds I want to lose. I used to weigh 115 when I was 18. Now, I realize I will never quite have the same body I had at 18. But I am short, only 5'2 1/2 '' and I currently weigh (gulp) 183. I want to get down to 120 pounds which I feel is a reasonable and ideal weight for myself, given my height.

Ever since I moved in with my now-husband when I was 18, I have been eating whatever I wanted, not really exercising, and it has just all slowly been building up on me over the years. The last 5 years in particular have been the worst because I went from having an on-my-feet-all-day job to having a desk job where I have to sit for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I just had my first child last June, and even before I got pregnant, I was overweight (174). I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth pretty much right away and stayed there until 3 months ago when I stopped breastfeeding. I gained 10 pounds that month.

I have had enough, my daughter is now walking and I am too tired to keep up with her most of the time. Four weeks ago I joined FitZone for Women and I have been getting back into the grind of working out, twice a week, taking it a little easy. But now, I plan to kick it into a higher gear. I've lost about 5 pounds in those 4 weeks, and now, I'm in this for good!

I am enjoying myself, I just discovered the fun of Zumba (my gym offers free classes). I love dancing now and I can't wait to see the weight drop more so that I can feel more agile while I am doing dance moves.

I would love to have some support buddies here who can scold me or cheer me on, as appropriate, though I think I've finally (after many failed attempts) gotten to a point mentally where I can actually motivate myself and stop using excuses all the time.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! You'll love it here. Here's my story...5'0...150 lbs...my heaviest was 173 (4 years ago). I had to realize that diets don't work and that I needed a lifestyle change. I then got down to 136 lbs! But then gained 25 lbs last year due to me falling off the wagon. MFP has changed my life! I tell everyone about. It makes you totally cognizant as to what you are putting in your body. Also, everyone is very friendly. The tips and motivation are priceless! Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • Tiff_09
    Tiff_09 Posts: 5,627 Member
    Options
    This site has been great so far! I have been on here a week now. I think it is helping me get a better idea of what i'm putting in my mouth!!
    and what really caught my eye in your post, was that you are doing Zumba! I started it too about a month ago and I LOVE it too! I love the dancing, It's fun, i work up a good sweat and I know i'm burning calories. :happy:

BEST WISHES on your journey!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy: