Only need to lose 15 lbs.....but it is sooo tough!!

Options
I am in my mid 30's. I have always been a small boned person and weighed about 120. But once I hit my 30's I watched the weight silently sneak on. I am a stay at home mother with 2 small children. So, I find myself eating & snacking around the house all day. I don't get to the gym as much as I would like either since my husband travels alot.

Now I am trying to lose 15 pounds (which does not sound like alot to lose), but it is not coming off!! I am even taking a cardio kickboxing class twice a week. Can anyone relate to this scenario?

Replies

• Lilhotmama
    Options
    I am in my mid 30's. I have always been a small boned person and weighed about 120. But once I hit my 30's I watched the weight silently sneak on. I am a stay at home mother with 2 small children. So, I find myself eating & snacking around the house all day. I don't get to the gym as much as I would like either since my husband travels alot.

Now I am trying to lose 15 pounds (which does not sound like alot to lose), but it is not coming off!! I am even taking a cardio kickboxing class twice a week. Can anyone relate to this scenario?
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    heck ya you pretty much just described my sitch.

it seems to be moving now but i really had to get serious about it.

message me if you want to talk

i think i am a lilhotmama too!!!!:laugh:
  • trevorbyus
    trevorbyus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have know what you mean. I have a son in traveling baseball and we eat so late a night. I'm trying to lose my last 14 pounds and it is the hardest pounds I have ever had to deal with.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    You're probably not seeing the weight come off because cardio 2x a week isn't enough. When you're closer to what your body wants to be, you have to push yourself harder to get it to lose those pounds. I highly suggest a strength training program (or something like 30 Day Shred) to kick your body out of its comfort zone. You have to push yourself to change. Up your exercise to 5x a week, cardio and strength training and you'll see results.

You don't need a gym membership, you can do all the working out you need at home through dvds. They're awesome, I hate having to leave the house to exercise :grumble:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm right there with you. i don't have much to lose, only about 15 pounds but they're killing me :sad:
    we just gotta keep trucking. the less to lose, the harder it is.
  • lchotop
    lchotop Posts: 22
    Options
    I am also a sahm and I find myself snacking on things thinking oh this is not that many calories I 'll take a bite of this. Boy was I wrong. This website helps me be accountable for everything I put into my mouth!! :happy: I wanted to lose 10 lbs at the beginning and now I am about 3 lbs shy of my goal and I think I am going to tack another 5lbs on to lose. I tried other things and my weight would not budge. I love this website. I love being able to track my calories and know how much to eat. It is great! GOOD LUCK!! I know that you can do it!!