Only lost 2lbs in 2 months! Advice!

Options
I have been using the app pretty hardcore for nearly 2 months and have only lost 2 lbs. It's pretty frustrating. I would LOVE to get out of the 150s... been trying to lose weight for about 8 months (started at 158.5 8 months ago.. but only using the app for 2) and it seems like it's taking way longer than it should. Opened up my food diary and I would really like some suggestions.

I do cardio 3 times a week for an hour. I usually burn 700 calories per session. I also do weights once a week.

Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    R U Drinking lot's of water?
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    try a lower carb diet yet? that did wonders for me

also,(not sure if true) I've heard people complain about soy and weight loss try almond or rice milk perhaps?
  • acrue21
    acrue21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try not eating after say 4. And try doing a workout your body isn't used to. Say kickboxing, zumba, C25k swimming ect...
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yeah i havent lost in like 3 months. sucks
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Whats your goal set to? maybe try changing the goal to .5 loss for two weeks then back to 1 pound, keep your body guessing is what i keep getting told!
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your protein and lowering your carb protein. At least 100 grams of protein daily. Mix up your workouts, try eating new foods you haven't tried.
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your protein and lowering your carb intake. At least 100 grams of protein daily. Mix up your workouts, try eating new foods you haven't tried.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your diet to mix things up a bit. Increase calorie, decrease calories, low carb, low fat, high protien... just try different things. Most of the time it seems to be people are a little too low on calories though. Just play around with it, be patient, and keep at it. You will get it. Don't get discouaged.
  • forsophia2009
    Options
    Are you taking your measurements?
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Well honestly you may not loike my answer but your diary is set for 1200 calories per day...that is PRETTY low....the lowest MFP allows. If your body goes into starvation mode it WONT burn calories but store them for your own safety. Sounds silly that eating less and working out more is the problem but that is my best guess. You need more calories to get things burning and moving inside your body...but thats not happening for you right now. Maybe up you calories 100 or so and make sure you eat back your workout calories!!!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I would suggest watching your sodium intake, drink more water, and try switching it up at the gym. Your body gets used to certain exercises so it becomes more efficient and essentially burns less calories. Try switching it up and doing different exercises, try doing some strength training, and try some HIIT exercises.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    for some folks, processed foods just are not very conducive for weight loss (they come with a lot of sodium). My recommendation is to spend some time planning some meals and cooking for yourself using lots of lean protein and healthy fat. Here is a blog with some things I like to cook...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hmalin1/view/my-favorite-foods-to-cook-161286
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I lost about 4 pounds when I started watching what I was eating, and now for the last 6 months or so I've always gravitated between 133-136 ongoing, so I totally feel ya. Good luck!!
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Do you use an HRM to get your calorie burn? If you are using the maching number or the number on MFP it might be over estimating your actual burns. The calorie burns seems very high to me for 60 minutes on the elliptical unless you are doing over 12mph on it- We are all differnt but it does seem high.

I took a quick look at your diary- hopefully you are having water-

Trying adding more fruits/veggies and different foods- might help as well. Change up your work outs. If you are using the elliptical most of the time, try something different-

Its hard to provide advice as we are not with you to see your workouts etc......

Just keep doing what your doing(I know that sucks when you are not getting results- and easier said then done) You still are making your body heathier and working your heart!

When you get close to your goal weight it gets harder and harder to lose- You might want to look at uping your calories but changing your goals! if you are still on 2 pounds per week, b/c you have less to lose I would go to 1 pound per week

Not sure this will help but keep your chin up!!!!!! You will do if you just keep going :-)
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    if you're working out hardcore, muscle weighs more than fat but i would raise your calories and i think you should be eating a bit more- more fruits and vegetables... best of luck :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You look really cute. Maybe you just don't need to lose much. I bet the cardio isn't really burning 700 calories though. It's tough to me to burn that many and I am a 215 lbs, 6'1" man.
  • Macklinh
    Options
    Sometimes you hit a wall. The body just doesn't want to let go of any more lbs. You need to exercise over that hump. To get the metabolism pumped up again.
  • texancountess
    Options
    Your calorie levels are really low, meaning that you are either starving your body or you'll be going over. Also, since the 14th, you've been over your caloric intake 8 times and even on the days that you are under you still go over on the fat and protein. That could have a great deal to do with it. I would try adjusting your calories back up to 1500 or thereabouts and try to eat that in healthier options. Also, do not take MFP's word for what you're burning. Use a HRM or even the actual gym equipment. I know that for me MFP always overestimates calories burned.

Good luck!