code words

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
hubby and i have made-up words and code words to express things to each other. for example, i used to write hubby love notes and sign them with 'i love you. i love us.' which got shortened up to 'i love us.' which became a made up word 'luvus'.

we also use 'finks' for thank you. 'de niro' is used when we are talking on the phone, but someone comes into hubby's office and he has to hang up.

a 'who's up for a monday morning?' is code for 'i'm in the mood for chinese' (i don't remember how that came about but i think it was when i was pregnant) and a 'cookie' means needing a hug. :)

do you and your significant other (or a close friend) have your own language?

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    My gf and I have safe words. Same thing?

I'm just kidding! We abandoned those a while back...
  • Pdschurig
    Pdschurig Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I say "I tolerate you" for I love you, that came from a conversation with someone who felt that there wasn't a real thing as love necessiarly(sp), just people we tolerate more than others. LOL. She is now happily married and LOVES her hubby!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We just have one I can think of - breakfast. Years ago I came in to work all happy and perky and one of my male co-workers asked what I was so chipper about so I told him that my boyfriend (now hubby) made me breakfast. He chuckled and said "oh, so that's what the kids are calling it these days" wink wink, nudge nudge. I thought that was hilarious and just had to tell hubby about it. We don't use it much these days but once in a while he'll ask if I'm in the mood for breakfast. LOL!
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Me and my mum say 'Luffoo' instead of love you on the phone and now in text messages!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options

come clean my computer. you made me spit water all over it.

(at least it was water this time)
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options

HAHAHAHA!!! IT's CUTE!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We say Olive Juice because when you say it across the room it looks like I love you. Got that from the movie "The Other Sister."
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    We just have one I can think of - breakfast. Years ago I came in to work all happy and perky and one of my male co-workers asked what I was so chipper about so I told him that my boyfriend (now hubby) made me breakfast. He chuckled and said "oh, so that's what the kids are calling it these days" wink wink, nudge nudge. I thought that was hilarious and just had to tell hubby about it. We don't use it much these days but once in a while he'll ask if I'm in the mood for breakfast. LOL!
    ^^this is cute!!!! Love it! I love breakfast too... just sayin :wink:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    my kids and I say squishies when we want a bear hug. When I tuck them in we call it caterpillar weve been doing it that way since they were born
  • jenbit
    Options
    my kids and I say squishies when we want a bear hug. When I tuck them in we call it caterpillar weve been doing it that way since they were born
  • jenbit
    Options
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We have an elaborate system of code words so we can talk about things in front of the kids. For example: play ground got shortened to PG which then got turned into "Parental Guidance," so we'll say, "Do you think we have time to go to the Parental Guidance before dinner?" and the kids won't know we're talking about the play ground. Our favorite: Pain in the Butt was turned into Peanut Butter, as in "The kids are being real Peanut Butters today."

Okay, I know it's stupid, but it keeps us entertained. lol
  • newmrswood
    Options
    My hubby and I don't really have code words, but if we're surrounded by people and wanna talk privately we write on the other persons palm with our index finger. I think it's cute and romantic, and people look at us funny if one of us starts randomly laughing or giggeling
  • godblessourhome
    Options

:) love it!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Our favorite: Pain in the Butt was turned into Peanut Butter, as in "The kids are being real Peanut Butters today."

Okay, I know it's stupid, but it keeps us entertained. lol

nice! i might have to steal that.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    My hubby and I don't really have code words, but if we're surrounded by people and wanna talk privately we write on the other persons palm with our index finger. I think it's cute and romantic, and people look at us funny if one of us starts randomly laughing or giggeling

awe... that's sweet.
  • godblessourhome
    Options

awe... that's sweet.