HI! I'm new :)

Options
Hi,

I am pretty new (About 3 weeks) to my fitness pal. Just wanted to see if anyone has tips or hints. I struggel mostly with the exercise part. I can't really afford a gym membership, so I need to be creative at home!

Replies

• kya101
    kya101 Posts: 37
    Options
    That's pretty much all I've done is be creative at home!!! It's amazing the cheap videos you can get out there. I have done quite a few different videos and now make up my own workouts using something from all of them!!! I also did a lot of walking in the beginning of weight loss journey which I believe made a world of difference for me!!! Good luck on your journey and welcome!!!
  • MeekDE07
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I've struggled with exercise in the past as well. The best thing to do is.........start somewhere! Park far away...take the steps whenever possible....increase regular activity..... this will boost your energy and confidence and motivation to move more. I hope these little tips help!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics - Up and down the bottom stair. Get creative, a few kicks here and there.
    Weights while you 'step' - Tins from your cupboard will do just fine to start with.
    Sit ups - Stick your toes under the front of the sofa to stop you moving.
    Stomach crunches - If you have the space you can do these anywhere
    Plug in your mp3 and go to it.

I know it might not be much help, but it's a start :flowerforyou:
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Walking/running outside and workout videos is what has helped me keep up with my exercise. I walk 6 miles 2-3 times a week and I am now getting into using a backpack with weights and/or ankle weights. It seems to be working. If I could just stop with the snacking!!! Feel free to add me if you want,
    BRENDA
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I do the Wii...and Step aerobics, Walking outdoors