Thinking of changing the 30 Day Shred

Options
I am thinking about changing the 30 Day Shred.
I do not feel that 10 days on each cycle will be enough for me!! Has anyone else ever come to this conclusion? I was thinking about doing it a 45 Day Shred or a 60 Day Shred. I am on day five of the first week right now and I do not feel I am getting any stronger.
Should I change it up and do each level longer?
Or
Should I do it for 30 days like it says and then see how I feel at the end and if I need more do it again?

I just would like some 411 on what others think. There are so many things on there I cannot do because of pain or lack of stability in my body. Examples: Push-ups, Jump Rope, Bicycle Crunch. I also have found out that I cannot keep up by doing as many as they do in one roll. My body starts hurting WAY to much.

Replies

• cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    not gonna lie, the idea of a 60 day shred makes me wanna cry lol
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you still feel like you are struggling then I would stay at the level you are currently at. When you feel you are ready to move on to the next level then go for it! If it takes you 45 or 60 days to finish it it doesn't matter. You are still working out every day and that's a huge accomplishment!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you still feel like you are struggling then I would stay at the level you are currently at. When you feel you are ready to move on to the next level then go for it! If it takes you 45 or 60 days to finish it it doesn't matter. You are still working out every day and that's a huge accomplishment!

That is a great way to think of it! I never though of looking at it that way, it really gives me the goal to not move on until I am ready to do so and I think that helps a lot, thank you so much!
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My first go of the 30 day shred, I did 2 weeks per level. The second time I did 10 days each. :)
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I can't do push ups & it's frustrating. I like to think it's just because I'm still too heavy & eventually I WILL be able to lift myself off the floor with my arm muscles - like that nut Jillian LOL
  • wendibartel
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred. Once I completed that I continued on changing between the levels. I loved the way the work outs flowed.
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Every level hurts while it works different muscles. As much as I hate to admit it..lol... the 10 days per cycle actually paid off in the longrun. Stick with the suggested program until you can complete each phase smoothly at the end.. when you move to the next one you will have to do the same thing. I hurt pretty good the first 3-4 days of each phase but by the end of the whole 30 days, I KNOW my muscles are better toned.

Taking a short break from this one while on vacation and then I am going to "play it again Sam!"

:flowerforyou:
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    You have to do with what you are comfortable with. To do the program in 30 days is just a recommendation. Only you can know how much you can push yourself. But you need to make sure you are challenging yourself. But I don't think I would be unreasonable to do two weeks on each level. Go at your own pace, but remember to challenge yourself. It is not how quickly you finish the race, it is that you finished and can be proud of what you accomplished in the end.

Keep fighting, you can do it, one day at a time, one week at a time, one level at a time :flowerforyou:
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm part of a group that is doing the 30 Day shred. I am on day 10 of the 1st level and although my stamina has picked up a bit, I don't feel a ton stronger than before. But remember, you are only on day 4? You're just getting started and the first level is easy compared to the others. If you can't do some of the moves because you don't have the stability? Well actually attempting to do them right (even if you have to go slower than them and do the modified versions will work) will help you a ton. I almost fell over doing the lunges because my balance is bad, so I learned to lean my heal against the couch for some stability. Also, tightening your abs on all the moves will help immensely. If it's hurting, it's working. Lunges STILL kill me and I'm on day 10! But I keep remembering, no pain, no gain. And like she says in the video "When It Starts Feeling Uncomfortable, those are the ones that count the most!" As far as doing the ab workouts, just suck 'em in, and do them the best you can, even if you have to take breaks. When it hurts that mean's you're doing something right, and the workout is counting. Keep it up. I'm going to do the shred all the way till the middle of March. That would put me roughly at 5 rounds of the shred. 30 Days definately not enough for me because I have 40-50ish pounds to loose, and I can't go to the gym most of the time because I have a baby to look after and my husband works all the time. I say do the shred till you feel like you want to stop, it's all personal preference. Good luck, and add me if you want, we can keep each other accountable and motivated!
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im gonna say.. Ive been working at losing weight for sometime now and HAVEN'T lost but 2lbs in over 6ms.. Ive done jogging, starving, walking, you name it ive done it.. I was getting desperate 3 days ago i went out and spent the 7.00 and bought the 30day shred.. I started it yesterday and OMG i can feel it in my legs and stomach and let me say I weighed myself this morning and from what i weighed 2 days ago ive lost 1.6lbs since i started it.. im hoping it will do what it says i think its worth a try.. they have 3 different levels and if you think you need more you can always do them longer or more often than just once a day.. Good luck
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred and am doing it again and mixing it up with ripped in 30. I believe I remember her saying at the beginning of the DVD that you should work each level until your ready to move on the next level. I know the goal is to do each level for 10 days but I believe you should master each move before moving on since the each level is more difficult. I am still getting results and loosing inches so no matter how you do it as long as your doing it works. Enjoy (if thats possible lol) and just keep doing it until your ready to move to the next level would be my advice.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I do the 30DS every other day to put in some other exercise. Do what your body needs!
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of doing the Shred after i have the baby (after 6 weeks of course) and I am sure I will have to do more then 10 days at each level. The first time I did it I did 10 days at each level and it was so hard for me and I should have done a few more days at level 1 becuase level 2 is a killer. But I know what to expect next time and I will prepare myself.
  • msmayor
    msmayor Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just complete the shred and I'm going for a second round but only level 2 or 3 for another 30 days - so I can master all the moves...then I plan to move on to one of her other videos
  • teenysteaney
    teenysteaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am just into my second round of the shred. The first time round I was coming from a place of practically zero fitness, after a prolonged illness. I stuck with each level until i could do Natalie rather than Anita, although I still have to do Anita for push ups due to a shoulder problem that seems to kick off if I try to do full push ups.

I think I did 10 days at level 1, 20 at level 2 and 17 at level 3 and I lost over 20 inches across my body (4.5" off my waist alone), so the extended length of the workout programme didn't stop it being effective for me.

She does say in her introduction that you should move up a level 'when you feel ready'. I know its billed as a 30 day programme, but bearing in mind it caters for beginners through to fairly advanced, that isn't going to be realistic for everyone.

As I said, I am now into my second round, doing all Natalie except for push-ups, have upped my weights and am confident I'll be able to do 10 days at each level this time. I'm also throwing in some Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workouts for good measure.

My advice would be, don't feel pressured into doing it in 30, you are doing this for yourself and no-one else, so go at your own pace. It will still make a big difference to your body shape and fitness levels.
  • cfiles
    cfiles Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 Day 10 yesterday. I think I am going to do it for either 15 or 20 days because it is still kickin my butt. I'm almost scared to know what level 3 is like lol.