I need some support and help!

Options
I am having a hard time working in exercise into my schedule. I am full time in college and I have so much on my plate. I'm getting stressed and that is not helping my weight loss.

Replies

• usmcmegann
    Options
    I feel ya... I'm right there with you... as of right now... I'm just trying to fit it in the cracks of my day... even if it is a small amount of time, it is better than not exercising at all.
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How much walking around campus so you do? When you clean house how long does it take you? Is there walking and moving stuff involved with cooking? All these little things count. I know structured exercise is good. But for those of us that can't do that or don't have time. Put a little more movement it what you already do. It all helps.
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    1) Don't be too hard on yourself. Love and care for yourself as stress is not good for many reasons.
    2) Try and sit down and think about small amounts of exercise you could fit in. When I am really busy I walk up the stairs at work for 15 minutes.
    3) Don't compare yourself to some of the people who are doing amazing exercise on this site. Your lifestyle doesn't allow that right now, but later it might, plus after exams etc. Just don't reduce to no exercise and give up. Do what you can fit in as exercise is good for reducing stress.
  • MsLovely707
    MsLovely707 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay...so I am a full time working mother with three children. They are 14, 5, and 3 months. I tend to have a hard time working in exercise and lack motivation too. Last night I was sitting on the couch feeding my daughter when I realized I went over in my calories and needed to burn at least 366 calories. I could not leave and go to the gym, I couldn't go jogging...I had my babies to take care of and get ready for school today so...I stayed where they needed me. At home. I got off my couch, put my daughter in her swing, gave my five year old what he needed to make his PB&J sandwhich for his lunch, and told my 14 year old to go in his room and do his homework. I turned on some music, set the timer on my cell phone for 20mins and jogged in place. I danced a little with it because I happened to like the music, but none the less...I burned almost all of my 366 calories and didn't interrupt my schedule. I don't know if this help you but...I hope it at least motivates you.
  • autumnridge
    autumnridge Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There are many things you can do to get some exercise. Use stairs instead of an elevator. Park farther out in a parking lot. When you are washing dishes, do 10-15 "pushups" against the sink counter. Take advantage of 10 minutes and go for a walk. Get some resistance bands, put a knot in, put them on a door knob on the other side of the door, close the door, and pull on the ends in reps of 15. Use soup cans for weigts and lift them over your head in reps of 15. Throughout the day, burn a few extra calories here and there. Ten 5 minutes sessions will give you 50 minutes exercise and relieve the stress you have also. Good luck!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I work a full time job go, also go to school (I am trying to get my BS very quickly so I have no breaks), my husband is in another state right now due to our work, so I have to take care of the house and everything else on my own. Trying to cook and eat right and then study, get my workout in was a huge challenge for me. I have finally gotten down, but my workouts are scheduled now at a certian time during the week and logging them in here helps me a lot! I have now been on workout schedule for 103 days in a row (counting my rest days). I would love to help you! Feel free to add me and messeage me!
  • AlexisMelnick
    AlexisMelnick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Try and schedule a time to exercise, just like you schedule a time to be in class. If you have breaks inbetween classes use them to your advantage, even if its walking around campus or going to a building with lots of stairs and walking up and down a few times. If you go to the gym, bring clothes with you to school, and go on the way home or to your dorm, this way you aren't tempted to skip. If you don't have classes until 10am or so, make it a goal to go before classes, you can always shower and get ready there. Good Luck :-)
  • SashaBrettLavender
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I know I need to be easier on myself. I am most likely the most critical on myself then anything else.