HELP - My Tummy's Wobblier Now!

Options
I've lost 15 lbs in about 2 months and I've just noticed tonight that my tummy is actually a LOT wobblier now that it was before I starting losing weight. I understand that this is because I've lost fat but is it likely to stay like this? Do I need to start doing sit ups to help? Anything more than sit ups?

Replies

• CherylM2015
    CherylM2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Have you been exercising? Or did you lose weight by changing your diet alone? You will need to incorporate exercise to develop strength and toning :)
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    Planks, side planks, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, and pilates will all help to strengthen the core muscles. Your skin my be a little stretched and if you lost weight in your stomach quickly it can take a little time for the skin to bounce back. Hope this helped!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It goes away, My stomach does that before a big drop in weight. At almost 80lbs I'm having to deal with hanging belly which Dr said is some of the skin dropping since it does have fat to hold it up.
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Planks, side planks, reverse crunches, bicycle crunches, and pilates will all help to strengthen the core muscles. Your skin my be a little stretched and if you lost weight in your stomach quickly it can take a little time for the skin to bounce back. Hope this helped!

This has happened to me, too... it's just that you had lots of fat making your stomach stick out before, and now that a lot of that fat is gone, the skin is extra wobbly and kind of hangs there. NOT fun to look at, I know, but all of the exercises she mentioned above have helped me with this, and the main thing is just keep losing fat and eventually it will go away completely. I think it may take some time, though... I kind of expect my belly will be the last thing to fully go. :(
  • Rensco
    Rensco Posts: 36
    Options
    5 years after the birth of my son, I still have a little of that "jelly belly" going on - similar to what you have I suspect. My doc said that reverse situps would help tighten it up and that there's still hope to get rid of most of it! Good luck to both of us! :)
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    It takes time for your skin to regain its elasticity. Mine has been stretched by two children beyond imagination, but it's tightening up nicely. Don't let it discourage you. Your body will change in many ways. You'll lose weight in places you didn't want to and it will take ages for you to lose in the places you want, but throughout the process you will be creating a healthier and stronger you. Make sure you incorporate some cardio and muscle toning into your plan ; )

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

*Xmas goal: a 6 pack*
  • marquesajen
    Options
    You're deflating!

It should go away, just keep doing what you're doing, tone and take care of your skin. :D
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you've all reassured me :smile:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Mine is like that - its basically just loose skin. really sucks because it looks WORSE in some ways - but remember its just because your stomach is SMALLER!

If you don't wnat to deal with as much of this kind of thing you can slow your weight loss down so the skin has more time to keep up but if you have a LOT to lose you'll probably still have ot deal wiht some.
  • idc2003
    idc2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amymaria91,
    First things first, Congrats on 15 lbs and keep up the great work!
    Second, sit-ups are good if you want to target 1 of the 4 muscles in your stomach. I personally suggest doing the plank!
    The plank is a core exercise that will help strengthen and really tighten up your stomach.
    There are many different types of plank but start with the basic one first. It don’t seem like much but after time and you keep up with your fat burning routine, you watch your wobbly belly slowing wobble away.

Muscle confuse is a big key, so for example = basic plank Mon, wend, fri and crunches and reverse crunches tue and thur.

Great Job and keep it up!!!!