Someone look at my diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Options
Hey guys I really wish that the weight would fall off faster! I think I'm doing something wrong. Can someone please look at my food diary and tell me what I could be doing better/different?
Thank you

Sarah

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It's locked and not set so we can.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    sry, just made it public
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    SW: 197lbs 10/16/11
    CW: 191.6lbs 10/26/11

So, you've lost about 5.5 pounds in 10 days? That's SUPER fast. Life isn't "The Biggest Loser." How fast were you wanting to lose the weight?
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You have lost 6lbs in 10 days! I think that is pretty good.
  • WickedMouse
    Options
    double post
  • WickedMouse
    Options
    Triple POst
  • WickedMouse
    Options
    4 in a row? honestly!!!!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of eating out in your diary, its good you are logging it, but the sodium will be off the charts.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of eating out in your diary, its good you are logging it, but the sodium will be off the charts.
  • Manapaws
    Manapaws Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    how many years did it take for u to get to the weight you r now, it takes time to drop the weight just be cosistant and patient it will come off.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Looks like you're losing weight pretty fast, but since you asked....

Your sodium is quite high, try introducing more fresh veggies and more variety of them into your diet. Eating out less is an obvious one I guess. You might need more fiber in your diet too, you can add that to your diary if you like.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    SW: 197lbs 10/16/11
    CW: 191.6lbs 10/26/11

So, you've lost about 5.5 pounds in 10 days? That's SUPER fast. Life isn't "The Biggest Loser." How fast were you wanting to lose the weight?

Agreed!! What makes you think you're "doing something wrong"?
    You didn't put on all the weight overnight and so you won't lose it over night either.
    Just be patient.
    Losing it more slowly and steadily is the best way to lose fat (versus muscle or water) weight.
  • sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    Sodium. and Mcdonalds. I can guarantee that salad you ate there was way more calories than what is logged there. and 6 lbs in 10 days? Recommended amount to lose is 1 lb per week. You are fine, Don't sweat it.
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Try to keep sodium to a max of 1500 mg. Besides the last two days, looks pretty good. Try to eat as cleanly as possible, as few packaged products as possible, lots of whole grains, fruit and veggies! Keep up with the Shred. It is unbelieveable. Take other measurements other than just what the scale says. When the scale quits moving, more than likely you'll find your measurements are shrinking.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    stop eating crap, eat veges, fruits, protein, and whole grains in the purest form. Cook at home from scratch and not out of a box or eating out.
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had my first child almost 7 months ago, and I got up to 233 lbs, and went back down to my prepregnancy weight (185) in about 3-4 months. I don't make a habit of eating out, but I just started college back up and had to take my baby to my mom's so I've been eating what I can since there's no food in the house. I am breastfeeding and am having trouble with my supply so I went back up to 197, and then decided to get serious on here. I think I went down to 193 because I really upped my water intake, and then went down to 191, but I keep fluctuating and I really don't like it. I also have stopped drinking so much water because I've been so busy but that's probably another factor.

The shred is helping but I'm worried because I heard people don't lose a lot of weight with it and I really need the lbs to come off because apparently I'm in the obese category and it's freaking me out.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I still don't get what you're freaked out about. You've lost some weight really quickly. But the healthy way to lose weight is lower pounds. You seem like you're doing things correctly. I would suggest to keep on keeping on and love yourself.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not getting it either. You've lost 6 lbs. in 10 days. What do you think you are going to lose? You won't drop weight as fast as you did after you delivered, if that's what you are looking to do. When you lose weight after delivery, it's not like losing fat when on a diet. Pregnancy weight is baby, placenta, increased blood volume, increased uterus weight.
  • kktiny12
    kktiny12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. SLOW YOUR ROLL!!!! lol. Def watch the sodium and take in your water. If you have to grab and go for food try some of the healthier tv dinners for lunch. Try to premake food for the week if you are that busy. Hard boil a handful of eggs and bring them with for a morning snack. Granola bars are good too. There are plenty of quick meals out there. But always read your labels to make sure you are buying the good stuff.

Also, I'm not sure what all the Shred entails but I do Turbo Jams or Turbo Fire. I love it. I guess make sure that you have a good combo of cardio and strenght training since lean muscle mass is what burns calories in a resting state.

And try not to freak out too much about the whole bmi "you are obese" label. It says that I am overweight because I have a short stature but if you look at me and my lifestyle I am actually quite healthy. Some things are hard to judge without going to an actual doctor or dietitian (spelling).
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    if you're going to be eating out because it's easier (which is totally understandable in your situation) go for grilled chicken, instead of the crispy chicken (see your sonic and mc.d's from thursday) That will help. I agree with everyone else when they say cut back on sodium (i learned i had to do this too).

you can do this by, for example, going for the mission corn tortillas instead of the flour ones, getting the "lower sodium" ketchup and looking for lower sodium (or reduced sodium) soups. If you do this and increase how much water you drink, I think you'll see a big improvement.

Also, just to put this in here because it's a more obvious note: try to eat less fast food. Not always possible, and that's understandable especially as a new mom, but that would ALSO help.

Best of luck! you're doing a great job!!