Botomless pit

Options
Why am I constantly hungry!! This is so annoying. I'm sure my metabolism is up since I've been working out more, but even when I eat protein, I feel hungry again right away. Cant'. Stop. Thinking. About. Food.

Replies

• sryan8408
    sryan8408 Posts: 244
    Options
    Eat filling foods, fiber, eggs, toast, etc
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How many NET calories are you eating each day? What % of them are protein? When I find myself craving fatty stuff like peanut butter, I know I'm not eating enough calories. You might want to try upping your intake by 100 or so (I upped mine to 1400 net, not including workout calories). I still get cravings, but not nearly as bad, and the protein shuts them up for a long time.
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating high fiber foods? Fiber expands in the body, making you feel fuller. It has helped me a lot. Especially oats...oats metabolize slowly and steadily, making them great for helping to control hunger.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? It seems like your calories (1200) are set awfully low. Maybe you need to adjust up a bit.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water. eat high fiber food.

The more you work out, the more calories you burn, the more you need to feed your body. The key is eating the right foods - I eat a TON and I stay under my calorie goal every day.
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    omg this is funny because I was just thinking the same thing!! I had breakfast about 2 hours ago and I am already getting hungry again and thinking about what I am going to eat. I am ashamed to say that food occupies 80% of my thoughts. I wish I can devour a pound cake that is sitting on the counter. It's calling me and I am on the verge of either dumping it the trash or eating it all! LOL
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Eat every 2 to 3 hours
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Along as you're eating enough calories and plenty of fiber and protein, and drinking lots of water, you may have to accept a little bit of hunger as part of your everyday life. It seems when we change our eating habits and all of a sudden we're more hungry than we were before, we freak out about being hungry and want to "fix" it. But the thing is, we're not supposed to be "full" or even "satisfied" all of the time. My advice is to learn to accept a little bit of hunger, it's healthy.. like I said, as long as you're meeting calorie goals and getting lots of healthy food.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    saw the title and thought you were talking about my son
  • rachaelmae79
    rachaelmae79 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, all. I might have my calories set a little low. I've been working out and I'm still breastfeeding my 7-month-old (not nearly as much now that she's on solid foods). I'm 5' 5.5" tall. Maybe I should up them to like 1400. I try to eat a decent amount of fiber and protein. I try to have little snacks throughout the day. It just seems like all I can think about is when I get to eat next! :(