Lost almost 40 lbs. (Pictures - )

Options
I was always a chubby kid. When I was about ten I started putting on a little extra weight. By the time I was 12 years old I was a whopping 161 pounds. I was tall for my age, but definitely not tall enough to weigh that much... My mom and sister were both very thin, but since I was a kid it never seemed to bother me too much that I was so much bigger than them. When I started approaching my teen years I started to get a little self conscious about my weight. I noticed other kids my age were much smaller than me, and it began to bother me. My parents noticed that it was bugging me, and told me I could NOT go on a diet, but if I wanted to cut out eating junk food and drinking pop that they would give me 10 dollars per pound that I lost (upto 20 pounds)... That was a huge motivation to me, and I began to cut out sweets, etc. and only eat 3 healthy meals a day. The weight came off slowly, but after 4 months (on my 13th birthday) I had lost exactly 20 lbs. I had reached the height of 5'6", so I was finally in my weight category... After that I began to exercise, etc. and within a year or two lost some additional weight. I leveled out around 125 lbs and have stayed about that weight for several years. I'm still 5'6" and I am 20 years old. I just recently got married this year to the guy that I have liked since I was 14 years old. I'm so glad that my parents helped me conquer my weight issues at such a young age so that I wouldn't struggle as an adult. Here are my before and afters...

352giex.jpg
I'm the girl in the white shirt. I was about 12 years old.

23lf6so.jpg
This is me, June 2011, at my wedding. I had lost a few pounds due to wedding week craziness. Weighed about 121 here. (So, exactly 40 pounds down from my starting weight.

350qbnd.jpg
September 2011 before an awards ceremony.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h5i2xf.jpg
My husband admiring my dress. :)

Replies

• beautifulnovember
    Options
    can't see pictures.
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    :o)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!:flowerforyou: (lowering img's is the only change I made to have them show):happy:
    I was always a chubby kid. When I was about ten I started putting on a little extra weight. By the time I was 12 years old I was a whopping 161 pounds. I was tall for my age, but definitely not tall enough to weigh that much... My mom and sister were both very thin, but since I was a kid it never seemed to bother me too much that I was so much bigger than them. When I started approaching my teen years I started to get a little self conscious about my weight. I noticed other kids my age were much smaller than me, and it began to bother me. My parents noticed that it was bugging me, and told me I could NOT go on a diet, but if I wanted to cut out eating junk food and drinking pop that they would give me 10 dollars per pound that I lost (upto 20 pounds)... That was a huge motivation to me, and I began to cut out sweets, etc. and only eat 3 healthy meals a day. The weight came off slowly, but after 4 months (on my 13th birthday) I had lost exactly 20 lbs. I had reached the height of 5'6", so I was finally in my weight category... After that I began to exercise, etc. and within a year or two lost some additional weight. I leveled out around 125 lbs and have stayed about that weight for several years. I'm still 5'6" and I am 20 years old. I just recently got married this year to the guy that I have liked since I was 14 years old. I'm so glad that my parents helped me conquer my weight issues at such a young age so that I wouldn't struggle as an adult. Here are my before and afters...

352giex.jpg
    I'm the girl in the white shirt. I was about 12 years old.

23lf6so.jpg
    This is me, June 2011, at my wedding. I had lost a few pounds due to wedding week craziness. Weighed about 121 here. (So, exactly 40 pounds down from my starting weight.

350qbnd.jpg
    September 2011 before an awards ceremony.

2h5i2xf.jpg

My husband admiring my dress. :)
  • beautifulnovember
    Options
    You look amazing! :)

Absolutely beautiful! Also, LOVE, love, love your dress and wedding dress, too!
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    GORGEOUS!! So happy for you!
  • meggylovee
    Options
    You look fantastic :)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    You made for a STUNNING bride. Beautiful. Just beautiful.
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss! It pleases me to know that there are parents out there who know how to help their children with weight issues. Your hard work has paid off, you look fabulous!!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    You look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • sleepy7
    sleepy7 Posts: 104
    Options
    You look AMAZING! Very Very Cute! :flowerforyou:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL!!! interesting to get perspective from a former overweight child who got healthy long before many of us started down that path...
  • 6566tess
    6566tess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    wow....stunning!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    How do you insert pictures into a thread? I'm still having trouble with that.
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that inspiring story. Thanks for sharing!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • ensoleille
    Options
    Wow :D you've done great! You're wedding dress is beautiful :)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You are so gorgeous! Look at the first picture now, your Mom and sister were not that thin! You just thought they were because of your size:noway: Great job there lady!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You've done soooooo well! You look gorgeous! What awesome parents you have to help you overcome weight issues!
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your pics! You look GREAT! Major motivation and inspiration for me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!