Health Snacks to have at work?

Options
Hi...what are some good suggestions for healthy snacks to get me through the afternoon? Need to be able to measure calories, etc...Thanks!

Replies

• Marcel7
    Marcel7 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dill pickles are always a good snack. They are calorie free and have a good crunch.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    apples, oranges, greek yogurt - i also keep oatmeal, but you would need a bowl/microwave.
  • tiffanydawnn
    tiffanydawnn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A cheese stick and an apple
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Snicker bars are good--(jk). Apples, almonds, yogurt, granola bars, lite popcorn, carrots.
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like to have a serving and a half of mixed nuts. The protein in them helps me stave of hunger pangs and stay full longer. Just don't eat too many because they're higher in calories and fat. Also try of the unsalted variety of mixed nuts for lower sodium intake. I don't understand why they put salt in there in the first place because nuts are good without it.
  • Its_ali_bella
    Its_ali_bella Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good tip!!:happy:
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, skim mozzarella cheese stick, apples. I'd stay away from nuts unless you're able to stick to a serving, which is 12 nuts. :drinker:
  • ewhitehurst1
    Options
    Smart pop popcorn single serve bags.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Larabars. Some flavors are awesome... they taste more like a treat than a snack, and are pretty healthy overall. They are easy to keep in a drawer at work.
  • sarkris
    sarkris Posts: 41
    Options
    greek yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, roasted pumpkin seeds, almonds, carrots n hummus etc. You can always portion out properly at home
  • Janice032557
    Janice032557 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you're the type that likes to munch, 1 cup of seedless grapes is great!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Nuts, cheese sticks, veggie sticks, fruit
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I keep small, single serving boxes of raisins at my desk. Also, Shredded Wheat Little Bites. 12 is a quarter serving - I toss them on my desk and munch as time permits.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    raw almonds are one of my favorite. I usually pair that with an apple or banana and I am good to go until dinner.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm a cook, so I'm either really lucky or really unlucky depending on how you look at snacking at work. Any day where I feel like I'm going to be munchy all day, I'll weigh out a bowl of grapes and keep them at my station, or cut up 100g - 200g of celery sticks and munch on those throughout my shift, really helps, because during a rush, if I haven't eaten in a while, I might reach for some homefries or something I haven't measured.
  • shellz07
    Options
    I always have a bag of carrots, zucchini and celery to munch on!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    nuts, yogurt, string cheese, fruit, granola bars.

and water!!