muffins but no muffin cups

Soooo I'm making corn bread muffins later on and I don't have paper muffin cups. If I spray a decent amount of cooking spray on the pan will they still stick or no? If they will I can always just make a regular loaf style. Thanks a ton.

Replies

• tebbs915
    tebbs915 Posts: 130 Member
    it'll work, but its a LOT of extra calories.
  • it'll work, but its a LOT of extra calories.
    Yeah thats the other problem lol
  • you can try cutting baking paper into squares and then placing them inside the muffin trays, the weight of the batter should then push the baking paper into the shape of the muffin tray.
  • you can try cutting baking paper into squares and then placing them inside the muffin trays, the weight of the batter should then push the baking paper into the shape of the muffin tray.
    Like wax paper? Because thats all I have and I doubt foil would work lol
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    I put cornbread in a small square cassarole dish and just slice it into single serving squares after it cools. I do spread a little bit of butter around the edge/bottom of pan but only about 75 cals worth. That added into the entire cornbread will not add very many cals per square.
  • Krylanna
    Krylanna Posts: 1 Member
    A, um, "friend" discovered that wax paper burns and smokes badly when baked. Might wanna stick with the foil, and a small amount of cooking spray. ;)
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    A quick spray and a light layer of flour over it usually works for me.
  • A, um, "friend" discovered that wax paper burns and smokes badly when baked. Might wanna stick with the foil, and a small amount of cooking spray. ;)

Maybe I'll use foil then.
  • Not wax paper, parchment paper. I use it for anything I bake on a baking sheet - its amazing!
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    i think coffee filters cut would work.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Gdzgal771
  • Gdzgal771
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Make muffin tops. Spoon it onto a cooking sheet.
  • Not wax paper, parchment paper. I use it for anything I bake on a baking sheet - its amazing!

This is what I was referring to, I have used it several times never once has it burned.
  • A quick spray and a light layer of flour over it usually works for me.

or this works really well too!